USB port over-current charge

• I am running OMV 4.1.28-1 on a RPi 3 B+. Since updating to the latest version, nothing connected to the USB ports will function.

My system logs repeatedly show an error mentioning usb 1-1-portX: over-current change. From what I've read online, the RPi is apparently sensing that the current is too high and thus is shutting down all usb ports? I am not sure why this would happen all of a sudden. I have had no issues to date with my power supply.

Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas or has experienced something similar.

• Offizieller Beitrag

A quick search suggests that this is not a uncommon problem.

There are several threads on raspberrypi.org about this.

A quick look seems to suggest that some component on the RPi has blown, causing there to be no power to the USB port. Possibly because of a overload? Starting the RPi by mistake with a unpowered drive or a unpowered USB hub hanging of a USB port?

Not sure if it is self-healing or not.

Properly powering external devices or replacing or repairing the RPi seems to be the suggestion. But have a read for yourself!

https://www.google.com/search?…22+site%3Araspberrypi.org

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Adoby ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!