Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue. Incorrect username and password.

• Hi, I have a fresh install of OMV v4.1.22. Installed it from USB, and verified the download's hash prior to using balenaEtcher. It's been about a week since the install and I can't login to my server via the web GUI. Still have access via CLI.
    Also network shares stop working, so it seems the issue isn't just too many incorrect password attempts.
    Although to be certain, I launched the omv-firstaid utility and selected the option to reset the login counters, it reported no accounts were listed. I then tried to do a web interface password reset, but I got: ERROR: Failed to execute command 'blahblahblabh' with exit code '1': usermod: cannot lock /etc/passwd; try again later.

This is around the 4th or so install I've done of OMV 4, and all of them have had this issue where after some amount of time, 2 days, a week, 2 weeks, I can't login. I'm nearly at my wits end with this. Any help is welcome and greatly appreciated.

• One thing that can prevent logging into the WebGUI is having the OS drive fill up completely. Any chance that is happening? Since you still have CLI access you should check for that there using this command:

df -h

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The logs are stored in /var/logs which is on the OS drive and it is really at 4%. I don't see anything that indicates that any disks are full.

I have no other suggestions.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Searching on here, there are others that have had this same or similar issue. This is so weird.
    Locked out of OMV Web GUI
    Admin password stops working
    Locked out of webGUI

In one of the threads they talk about how the OS drive has been put into read-only mode. That's also what's happening to me. And one guess was that the drive data cable could be damaged. I'll take a look at that, but seems like a long shot. At this point I'm out of ideas.

Does anyone offer paid support for OMV?

• If the OS drive is in read only mode, then something may have happened during the bootup to put it there.

Try rebooting and watching the console for hints.

You can also try putting it back int read-write mode with the following command:

mount -o remount, rw /

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

The kernel does put a filesystem into read-only mode with reason, so you have to check your hardware. What hardware are you using? How is the device containing the root filesystem connected? USB?

• If the OS drive is in read only mode, then something may have happened during the bootup to put it there.

The weird part is its not happening on boot up. It's at a random time up to days or weeks after the a reboot.

The kernel does put a filesystem into read-only mode with reason, so you have to check your hardware. What hardware are you using? How is the device containing the root filesystem connected? USB?

I'm starting to think it must be hardware related. There are a lot of posts by people with similar issues, but no indication if it's the same underlying cause.
    The hardware is an HP ProLiant DL360 G7, and a RaidAge external 4 bay SAS enclosure. The boot drive is in the server, attached to a backplane thats connected to the internal port of the PCIe SAS card.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!