Browsing NFS share on KODI client not working !!

• Cannot create and browse the NFS share created on OMV5 in KODI app on Nvidia Shield. I can mount and browse the NFS share on another computer.

I can though browse the share if I create a source.xml file with the path pre set, but I cannot scan the library.

With the exact same setup in OMV4 there is no problem to browse the NFS share in KODI.
    Has anyone else had the same experience on OMV5 as me? For me this seems like a bug of some sort?

There is also another bug that is always coming up as soon as I change some settings in OMV5. One example: IF I delete one NFS share and then go to "Shared Folders" tab, I always get this error warning below. And the shared folder and all the other folders has dissapeared, the remaining shared folders only shows up again after a reboot. This was just one example.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have similar issues reading NFS shares that started with Kodi 16.. Prior to 16, it and my Linux clients connected to NFS shares no problem at all. It didn't work in OMV 3 or 4, but was fine in OMV 2. It worked with an Ubuntu Server build prior to OMV 2, but didn't on a test build between OMV 3 and 4. All of this leads me to believe it's something to do with Kodi vs my NFS setup or there is some weird quirk I'm missing. I didn't even try to get it working when I setup OMV 5.

Eventually I just gave up on it and set up an SMB share for my Media folders, which Kodi reads no problem at all and there doesn't appear to be any effect on performance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't tell where the problem is here. Are you trying to use the unionfilesystem plugin to pool a remotemount nfs share?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I can't tell where the problem is here. Are you trying to use the unionfilesystem plugin to pool a remotemount nfs share?

First: Scanning the library problem can have been my fault, I made a mistake in the docker-compose file on how to set the environments for MariaDB. So maybe it would have worked if I tried to scan when I could browse the pre-set nfs share from the source.xml file in KODI. Did not test that, I already went back to OMV4.
    Second: The error with browsing the NFS share is still there, I tried also with only 1 drive but same problem. Exact same setup work in OMV4.

Yes, I do use the unionfilesystem plugin as you can see in the error message above, but that error shows up even if I do not use the plugin. That was only an example. I create a unionfilesystem pool, then create a shared folder and then create a NFS share.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@votdev Even if I add isBlkidEnumerated and set it to false to the mergerfs backend, it looks like the collectd (or diskstats) salt code is still using findfs with a uuid to find the disk.

Yes, I do use the unionfilesystem plugin as you can see in the error message above, but that error shows up even if I do not use the plugin. That was only an example. I create a unionfilesystem pool, then create a shared folder and then create a NFS share.

If you remove the diskstats plugin, do you have this issue? I don't on my test system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you remove the diskstats plugin, do you have this issue? I don't on my test system.

I have not installed the diskstats plugin, so it is not enabled? I also tried to disable the "Monitoring" tab, but did not do anything.

I went back to OMV5 for some testing. I think there is something with the UnionFS plugin, I will try to explain.

First when I had the unionfs plugin installed, I always got this error message I showed above. Also for normal 1 drive nfs share setup, with no other unionfs share setup on the system.

Then I went ahead to uninstalled the unionfs, rebooted and setup a single drive nfs share, now I did not have any error message. But I could still not browse or create a NFS video source on KODI. Then I went ahead to install the unionfs plugin again, and created a share, now the error message is back when I enter "Shared folders" tab after created a nfs share or deleted the nfs.

I hope this will help, but I cannot help you anymore for the coming month, I will be away for work for a while unfortunately.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!