RPi and other SBC/armbian images

• Holy cow, it finally worked :D

Thank you.

It seems I downloaded the nightly build, because I did not check the archive this time. On first boot, debian basically told me to get an older version since I am neither a dev nor a tester :-/

Does the OMV install script currently even work any more for any debian version older than bookworm?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Does the OMV install script currently even work any more for any debian version older than bookworm?

It works for OMV 6.x/Debian 11 bullseye and OMV 7.x/Debian 12 bookworm BUT it can't work on Armbian when Armbian doesn't support older versions of Debian. So, it is Armbian forcing you to use Debian 12.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It seems I downloaded the nightly build

There are clear notes in the OMV7 / Armbian build guide, regarding nightly builds - "Dev's Only". (Not Supported.)

While not in Armbian build doc; the User Guide specifically states that SBC builds are for the -> "current version of OMV only". At this point, that's OMV7. Further, as previously noted, the OMV project can't change Armbian's handling of their archived repo's.

I haven't built OMV6, on Armbian, recently. But, as it seems, I should. It may be necessary put an "archived statement" in the OMV6/Armbian doc.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

To follow up:
    There were no issues with an Armbian Bullseye / OMV6 build. All proceeded normally.

To try to recreate the issues described by the OP Tosnic, I attempted to build Buster / OMV5 from Armbian's archive. In that case there were repo errors (release file issues) with the script exiting on the version.

I did update the OMV6 build procedure, directing users to Armbian's archive for downloading the appropriate Bullseye image.

• Ups, it seems I confused Debian and Armbian in my previous posts. I am using a Banana Pi M1, therefore I use Armbian.

There are clear notes in the OMV7 / Armbian build guide, regarding nightly builds - "Dev's Only". (Not Supported.)

Thank you for clarifying. I just wish you had told me to look in the correct place:

Download Armbian Bookworm Minimal, at the bottom of -> this page

Because on this page there is exactly one Bookworm Minimal image, which is the nightly build. I should have used my brain and downloaded an archived version. But then again, there is no minimal version of bookworm in the archive.

Nevertheless, OMV is running decently now, but I will consider re-installing with an archived armbian version.

Thank you for keeping the guides up to date.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

it seems I confused Debian and Armbian in my previous posts. I am using a Banana Pi M1, therefore I use Armbian.

Armbian is Debian. Armbian is just providing a kernel, bootloader, and some helpful utilities for specific boards. Armbian is completely Debian userland.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!