Can't install every Plugin from omv-extras

• Hello altogether!

I installed OMV 4.1.22 on my selfbuild last weekend. Everything works fine. I have access to my data from everywhere in my house, could use SFTP and so on. Actually I installed the OMV-extras to have access to more plugins.
    Ok, now I have some problems.
    I can't install every plugin from OMV-extras and I don't know why. In particular I want to install the RDP Plugin. If I check the plugin and click on "Install" I only get the message as shwon in the picture in the attachment.
    Installing the SFTP plugin was fine and runs well.

I got a hint in another forum that it could be my RAM so I tested it with memtest86. All 4 passes without any errors after 2,5 hours.

Now I have no more ideas. Can somebody help me?

My used hardware (old but runs well)
    ASrock Q1900 ITX mit integriertem Intel Q1900
    WD Red 4TB
    4GB DDR3 1600
    BeQuiet System Power 7 300 Watt

regards
    sgt.luk3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm guessing you don't have Debian repos setup. What is the output of the apt clean button from omv-extras? Please cut&paste instead of screenshot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron
    This is my output from aptclean (in spoilertags because of length)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That looks correct. What is the output from trying to install a plugin now? The remotedesktop plugin isn't a good choice since it will fail to install if backports is disabled. Can you try a different plugin?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Yea. Can try it later after dinner.

Edit:
    Tried to install the ZFS plugin but it hangs at this point:

ZFS was one of those plugins that also didn't work.

Edit again:
    After reloading the WebGUI and updating the plgin list, a green dot is in front of the ZFS Plugin. Really strange.

And if I click on Filesystems I get this Error:
    Fehler #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; zfs list -H -o name,mountpoint -t filesystem' with exit code '1': in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(432): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/omvzfs/Filesystem.php(51): OMVModuleZFSUtil::exec('zfs list -H -o ...', Array, 1)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/zfs.inc(32): OMVModuleZFSFilesystem::getAllFilesystems()#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/manager.inc(278): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Zfs->enumerate()#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(803): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager->enumerate()#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(69): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getFilesystems()#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->enumerateFilesystems(NULL, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(320): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateFilesy...', NULL, Array)#9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->getList(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusye...', '/tmp/bgoutputqE...')#13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#14 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(469): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('getList', Array, Array)#15 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->getListBg(Array, Array)#16 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#17 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getListBg', Array, Array)#18 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getListBg', Array, Array, 1)#19 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

The zfs plugin is another plugin that can't be delicate. If you use the proxmox kernel, it is much easier. That said, it downloaded the packages. So, I think your system is in the correct state regarding repos.

• I don't know why, but I cleaned apt again, enabled backport and I was able to install RDP.
    Now I can connectto my NAS via RDP where I connect an external drive to copy back my backup to the NAS. I don't have to connect my external drive to my computer and copy all the data from that drive via ethernat to the NAS.
    Thats all I wanted to get working.

But what is this backport option?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But what is this backport option?

It enables the Debian Backports repo which has newer packages in it. They are backported from the release ahead of the system's release. The remote desktop plugin requires the xrdp from backports. backports is enabled by default. Not sure how it was not enabled on your system.

• I don't know why it was disabled. I think I disabled it eventually.

Anyway! It works now! I also tried USB Backup. Seems to work fine, too. But copying more than 3TB via USB, even if it's 3.0, needs up to 15 hours or something like that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!