Plex on OMV.5.1.2 My media is on a Unraid Server, but mapped to a netwrok drive

• As the thread states.I recently upgraded to 5.1.2 from 3.0.x and before I had 2 OMVs and one was the main server with all the media and the other was just a backup server that I mounted from OMV1 to get the media. Well OMV1 CPU died and i went to and Unraid system.

I just want to know if in OMV 5.x is there's a way to map the network drive that I created on my Unraid to OMV 5.x so the OMV docker running plex can see the media.

I have Googled ever possible way my brain could put the question but to no results.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated as i would hope that 5.x would have the same if not better features and abilities than the 3.x I just upgraded from. :cursing:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just mount the drive somewhere, perhaps under /srv, and then point Plex to it.

Should work equally fine for remote drives over the network or local drives. Local drives can be expected to be faster.

I do this for my nfs shares. I mount all shared folders on all my OMV NAS at /srv/nfs/nas# and then point Emby at /srv/nfs. Then Emby, running in a docker on the local box, can use any remote shared folder on any of my NAS. I would assume you can do the same with Plex?

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!