• im trying to run through this list to mine "bitcoins from my OMV Nas any help...?
    the first list of apt-get does not work... (3)

1) Get your hands on some ASICMiner Block Erupter USB’s

2) Get Debian on something with USB ports.

3) apt-get stuff.
    apt-get install autoconf gcc make git libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libtool libjansson-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev

4) Clone cgminer source
    cd /usr/src/
    git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git

5) Run autogen.sh
    cd cgminer
    ./autogen.sh --enable-icarus

6) Compile
    make

7) Plug your ASICMiner Block Erupter USB’s into the USB ports of your device.

8) Run
    ./cgminer -o http://your.pool.com:8332 -u username_worker -p yourpassword

9) Profit

• Yeah, and when something does not work with an ultimate solution. :evil:

Show us the error and we might be able to fix it. :roll:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• ooohhhhh ... i am also very interested in doing this.

I tried a few weeks ago and you get an error saying unable to find libncurses5........ i think, but cant remember for sure sorry.

Currently in work and can't check, so will try the second i get home and post the error.

• Hello all

So i have tried to install again and get the following

:~# apt-get install autoconf gcc make git libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libtool libjansson-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package libjansson-dev

Can anyone suggest how to install successfully?

• Could it be because you'r missing the libjansson4 package?

Anyway you need to be upgrading to squeeze-backport kernel for this to work. Have you done that?
    If not the howto is here: http://forums.openmediavault.o…ic.php?f=10&t=2258#p13821

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Why perpetuate this scam?

What scam?

Zitat von "jensk"

Could it be because you'r missing the libjansson4 package?

Anyway you need to be upgrading to squeeze-backport kernel for this to work. Have you done that?
    If not the howto is here: http://forums.openmediavault.o…ic.php?f=10&t=2258#p13821

Hello jensk, thank you for the suggestion that has indeed worked but now there is a new error. When i try to run step 5 i get the below.

Code
    root@:/usr/src/cgminer# ./autogen.sh --enable-icarus
    Can't exec "aclocal": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 326.
    autoreconf: failed to run aclocal: No such file or directory
    Configuring...
    ./autogen.sh: 11: /usr/src/cgminer/configure: not found

I have checked and the files are definitely there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi there I used to mine BTC in the past. I suppose I remember my mining days with nostalgia and I guess I'm trying to re-capture some of that fun. I'm getting back into cryprocurrency but now I consider cryptocurrency as a long-term investmnt as bitcoin mining is not as profitable as it used to be

• Wow there are some very early miners in this thread dating back to 2013. Must be some very rich folks on this forum. And knowledgeable too :) I'm curious about mining myself and I found this one article on Bitcoin mining software. Do you have any comments? Are those the best programs available? Hopefully this all goes well as earning BTC would be great naturally.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!