Slow speed of transfer on network share.

• Hello,
    Problem is: I have much slower transfer speeds through network connection than it should be.
    Reading/Writing speed from my Win10 PC is about 25-30MB/s .
    I have two disks connected to my OMV NAS (HP T610 terminal) - one by USB3, other one thru SATA port, both NTFS formatted.
    I have tested speeds of disks locally with hdparm and transfers are 100 and 140MB/s respectively.
    I've tested network speeds with iperf3 and it is about 950Mb/s.
    I have tested also speed thru FTP server and results are exactly the same as SMB/CIFS.
    Network configuration is: router Linksys WRT320N - one local connection is to server, second one to gigabit switch, to which computer is connected.
    I have tried with replacing my switch with new one and also tried with replacing router with other switch. No change.

So transfers should be faster but they aren't. :(
    ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try some other filesystem. EXT4 is something of a default for Linux and OMV, but there are other options as well.

I belive a general recommendation is: Don't use NTFS with OMV.

The reason is that OMV simply doesn't work correctly with NTFS. Also performance is likely to be very bad.

NTFS might be OK to use for external drives that are used for local backup or restore of data. But even then you are likely to experience problems with ownership and access rights and sometimes even file and folder name encoding.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!