External Hard drive shows only part of the Capacity...

• Hi,

I have a situation here,
    # I had configured the OMV with raspberry pi
    # I mounted a External Hard drive (2TB)
    # Created a user and created a password and mounted it.
    # I was able to get the Hard drive from network storage
    # For some reason my raspberry pi crashed and the
    # Now I had to set up a new OMV with a new microSD as (earlier was corrupted)
    # when I see the file system , i see there are 1.7 TB there 3 TB is used earlier set up ( Some files were copied)
    # I can not clean it from OMV, getting error.
    # Also when I see the network from localPC I see the earlier shared folder , when tries to access it ask for username and password
    # when I give the username and password that was set earlier , it does not honor that. It repeatedly ask for the credentials..
    # Please suggest how I can overcome this situations

• how to clean all the storage from the USB

Which device do you want to clean? The old microSD card or the USB data drive? If it is not possible to wipe the USB data drive from OMV, connect the drive to another PC, boot gparted from eg. USB stick and wipe the drive with gparted.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Thanks for quick response.

I need to clean data from External USB/hard drive. When I do that from OMV i get error , and then I don't see the full USB drive space over here .

Whatever I used in previous installation , that does not show up in the new OMV. I will try the option that you mentioned and see, if I can get through..

• I can not see the USB/Hard drive while plug in to my computer.

But I can only see the USB/Hard Drive when it is only connected to raspberry pi. How can I use USB/hard drive normal way to be visible in local pc ?? Sorry if this is very basic.

• How can I use USB/hard drive normal way to be visible in local pc ?? Sorry if this is very basic.

What OS uses the PC you have connected the USB drive to? If it is Windows there may be situations you can´t see the drive when the file system is corrupt or unknown (e.g. ext4).

Therefore as suggested above connect the drive to the PC, boot with gparted and when the drive is not defective you should see the drive. Then remove all existing partitions and then create a new one with a file system which is supported by OMV.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!