What happens when moving the server to another house?

• Hello!

I am wondering what happens when I physically move my OMV Nextcloud server from one house to another (with different routers)? This will not lead to any changes other than the router settings (ports etc) in the new house, right? Of course my DuckDNS domain should be updated, but this will run automatically in Docker.

Can someone confirm this if it is true?

Best regards
    Mumbedeus

• Normally, your statement is correct, but it should be noted that the new router has the same configuration to the outside (IPV4 or IPV6). with IPV6 can (must not) come to problems.

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Of course my DuckDNS domain should be updated, but this will run automatically in Docker.

I think so. If you bring your current router with you then your gateway and subnet will remain the same, so it should go smoothly. Just do not discount Murphy's Law. Good luck.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Normally, your statement is correct, but it should be noted that the new router has the same configuration to the outside (IPV4 or IPV6).

By "same configuration to the outside", do you mean port forwarding?

If you bring your current router with you then your gateway and subnet will remain the same, so it should go smoothly. Just do not discount Murphy's Law.

I will not bring my current router with me. There will be a brand new router in the new house. If the network configuration is not the same, I will change this.
    I'm hoping Murphy's Law won't visit me :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!