Portainer from OMV4 to OMV5

• Hi all,

i have a question about portainer and the switching from OMV4 to OMV5. When i use portainer in OMV4 for my Docker Container and all the settings with there, can i use it in OMV5 without reconfigurire all the options and settings for the container? I think on the easyest way, i start portainer in OMV5 and have all my Dockerfiles are running? Or is it more work ?(

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Exactly what do you mean by "switching from OMV4 to OMV5" ?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• i mean a new and clean OMV5 system with OMV-extras and portainer installation. Of course with all the sharedfolders from OMV4 and Docker

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have not tried what you are planning to do, but here are my thoughts:

Portainer is just a docker with a /data to store the Portainer data.
    Not sure what the status will be if you are using the same /data bind.

If you used docker-compose inside Portainer to set up your docker and if you are using the same /data bind you will find all your docker-compose files and you can just run them.

I am sure others will be interested to read your findings ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

docker is the same on OMV 4.x and 5.x. As long as the data-root is the same, the upgrade shouldn't make a difference.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My question is, are the settings of the individual containers, such as the included folders or options (TZ, PGID, PUID...) stored in the /data portainer folder? Specifically asked: I start only Portainer and have all my Docker containers running again?

• Offizieller Beitrag

My question is, are the settings of the individual containers, such as the included folders or options (TZ, PGID, PUID...) stored in the /data portainer folder?

The container settings should be stored in the folder you are using for docker. Otherwise, docker wouldn't know how to restart the container.

Specifically asked: I start only Portainer and have all my Docker containers running again?

You shouldn't even have to start portainer. It is just another container.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks @ryecoaaron
    So that was a problem of understanding. I thought Porteiner is an administrative container for the other docker files. But that doesn't really make sense if I start a container into which I start again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!