mergerfs not distribute data evenly

• Offizieller Beitrag

EPMFS will use the existing path FIRST. Paths will be preserved if possible.

And only then, if the same relative path happen to exist on more than one filesystem, the filesystem with the most free space (MFS) will be used.

So if a folder didn't exist on any drive, it is added to the drive with the most free space. After that the path exists on one drive only and all subsequent files in that folder end up there.

If you want files to be added to the filesystem with the most free space, and paths created as needed, then you should use just MFS, not EPMFS. That will spread the files all over your drives.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. I think so. I haven't tried it yet.
    No. Not if you have good verified backups.

But if you don't have good verified backups then all your files will be toast. Any change you make is almost guaranteed to cause catastrophic data loss. I almost promise 100%!

• What about using the mergerfs.balance script to even the spread of data across the drives?

When I started with UFS/Snapraid I noticed uneven spread and this script ran for a few hours and evened disk usage up. Since then the disk use has been pretty even. My setup is MFS. This was on OMV v4.

Naturally I had backups before I did this.

John

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume that new files will cause the same folders to be created on more drives, as new files are added and spread. The existing folders and files should remain where they are, unless you run the mergerfs.balance script.

Changing from epmfs to mfs should be no different from creating a new mfs mergerfs pool from existing filesystems.

Be sure to let us know how it works. I have not a lot of experience with mergerfs, but see a lot of potential in it.

• The thread subject should be changed because SnapRAID has nothing to do with it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The thread subject should be changed because SnapRAID has nothing to do with it.

Done.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As I thinking again, this could be Docker/Portainer.

I’m not using WOL plugin.
    Plex, Emby are running.

@Adoby

why you down vote my post ?
    What the hell wrong with you ?!

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!