Solution for picture browsing on the server?

• Anyone got pointers on a good solution to browse photos on your NAS? I'd love to use something Docker-based, either a dedicated gallery or a file explorer that allows browsing images, with EXIF parsing.

I've tried Piwigo, Zenphoto, Filerun and a few others, but Piwigo is a bit stiff with album creation, Zenphoto too and couldn't get Filerun to connect to its MySQL DB with the given compose file.

Ideally, I'd just like to Docker-bind my server's root on an image (as read-only) and browse, with bonus points for a login system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plex handles photos, but the client apps do not have slide show capabilities, only the web GUI of the server. I’m guessing Emby also has similar features but I have never tried it. There is PhotoShow. It’s very simple and the only thing it does is photos. Nextcloud also handles photos.

Gallery 3 is just recently being re-supported but there is no docker image for it. http://galleryproject.org/

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also found PhotoPrism and just installed it via the command line. It seems fast but not feature rich.

My criteria in a photo gallery - which I have yet to find - is:

• Slide show
    • RAW compatible
    • Ability to read metadata
    • Ability to set tags and create albums
    • Ability to adjust slide speed, style, music, etc.
    • Mobile and desktop client apps that have all of the above.
    • Photo editing.

That’s not asking much, is it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

ZenPhoto looks like a perfect solution that is feature rich but I couldn't find any docker image for it. If somebody on the forum knows how to set up a MariaDB/Nginx/PHP server on OMV, then we would be in business.

Lychee is another choice, but alas, no slide show. @TechnoDadLife has an excellent video on Lychee.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If somebody on the forum knows how to set up a MariaDB/Nginx/PHP server on OMV

https://github.com/stevenliebregt/docker-compose-lemp-stack (I would change OMV's port though).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dang it. I knew it was out there somewhere but couldn't find anything because I kept searching for "LAMP" (there is no "E" in Nginx) thinking about "MAMP" which I use to run on my Mac to test Wordpress themes and plugins offline. That was easy; just download and double-click to install. LAMP is going to be something different entirely. Now I am going to have to figure this out. @ryecoaaron you just had to find this, didn't you? Thank you...I think.

What would you change it to? Anything will do?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What would you change it to? Anything will do?

Anything that is not used by another service. 81 should be fine

[How-To] Define exposed ports in Docker which do not interfere with other services/applications

• Offizieller Beitrag

I kept searching for "LAMP" (there is no "E" in Nginx)

Because nginx is pronounced "Engine X", that is why it is an 'E' in LEMP. LAMP is apache which would work as well.

you just had to find this, didn't you? Thank you...I think.

:) Good luck!

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron I do understand phonetics. It was just an eye-brain thing.
    @macom Thanks for the tip and link.

It will be a while before I dig into this. A photo server was going to be my next project, but I wasn't expecting this just now. The season is upon us plus I have a good deal of outdoor work to do before the weather breaks bad. When I do attempt this I will start a fresh post to chronicle the attempt.

To bring this post back around to the OP's question (where did he go, anyway?). Here are the possible OMV photo gallery installs via docker. There probably are more. All but one or two have a [How To] Guide on this forum:

• Plex, maybe Emby and Jellyfin too. Everybody needs Plex whether you want to show photos or not. Great guide here by @macom.
    • Nextcloud - There are several guides for Nextcloud, the latest one here.
    • Lychee - @TechnoDadLife video guide here.
    • PhotoShow - I don't think this one has a guide in the forum, but just pull the image from linuxserver.io and go. It's pretty easy.
    • PhotoPrism - definitely not in the [How To] but Install Instructions Here. This is a project still in the works, so it may become THE photo gallery. This is a Berlin based organization, so it may be fitting to pair it with OMV. The other item that makes this a good candidate for the future is that it uses HTML5 instead of Flash, which is good news for slideshows on mobile devices.

Merry Christmas all.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do understand phonetics. It was just an eye-brain thing.

Wasn't sure if you knew that or not. I have met a lot of people who don't pronounce it engine and therefore don't get the 'E'.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I may have misspoke a bit. Imagine that. Me? I think it’s an iDevice/Apple TV thing. Here’s a screen shot of a Plex photo album on my iPhone. No play or shuffle. Apple TV is the same. Only from the server’s web GUI is a slide show possible. And then it’s pretty basic. No bells and whistles.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I may have to buy a Roku.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!