can not activate smb/cifs

• Did a clean install of omv 5, did the updates, setup disks and shares.
    However when activating smb/cifs i get this error:

{"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.","trace":"OMV\\AssertException: The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc:71\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(186): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->assertExists('localmaster')\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(271): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->set('localmaster', true, true)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(233): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/smb.inc(81): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)\n#4 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Smb->setSettings(Array, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('SMB', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)\n#8 {main}"}}

OMV 5 on i3-2120 CPU with 8GB

Portainer with several Dockers

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try clearing your browser cache. That property should have never existing on a clean install of OMV 5.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. I was working with OMV 4 when my boot drive failed. I got a new SSD to use as a boot drive and thought this was a good time to do a upgrade to OMV 5. The data disks are the same from the two systems, the SSD is brand new.

After install, the first thing I do is mount the data drive then try to activate SMB/CIFS I get the exact same error about localmaster.

I tried to clear the browser cache through omv-firstaid, however this does not help. Unless I am doing the clearing wrong or need to restart or take some other action after clearing the cache.

Apologies if I should not be reviving an old thread.

Thanks

EDIT: I just realized, when you say clear browser cache you mean the browser used to access the server. I cleared the cache and SMB activates just fine now. Apologies for confusion, it was my silly mistake.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!