Add Share: Shared Folder dropdown not populated

• NTFS drive, trying to share the entire drive.

I set up a folder called RecordedTV-1, which has everything in it that I want to share.

But When I try to add a share, the web UI does not populate the "Shared Folder" dropdown.

Makes sense to me because I have not told it much about that drive.

Can somebody give me The Complete Idiot's Guide?

• NTFS is not intended to be used for an OMV share. Try another file system like ext4.
    Which filesystem to choose for OMV NAS?
    Unable to select mounted device from dropdown

Check if you have a blank in the drives volume label. This can make issues.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Be a genius instead: Don't use NTFS.

OMV is working fine with a number of filesystems. NTFS is not one of them. EXT4 is.

Don't use NTFS. Except perhaps for backups to an external drive and similar tasks.

The procedure for adding shared folders is typically like this:

Shut down the NAS
    Connect a new drive to the NAS.
    Start the NAS.
    Add the new drive in the OMV GUI and wipe it.
    Create a new filesystem on the new drive, using the OMV GUI.
    Mount the new filesystem using the OMV GUI.

Only then can you create a shared folder on the drive.

If the drive already has a suitable partitioning and filesystem(s) the wipe part and creation of a new filesystem can be skipped. Hint: NTFS is NOT a suitable filesystem.

This allows you to add drives with existing data and move existing files into the shared folders later, using the command line over SSH. And perhaps the excellent file manager Midnight Commander.

• Can anybody recommend a similarly-simple-to-install distro that does support NTFS - and has a web interface?

This drive needs to be NTFS because it is storing recorded television by/for a sort of TIVO-on-steroids app called SageTV.

At least I *think* it needs tb NTFS..... maybe I'd better verify that assumption with the Sage gurus.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the recorded video is available over the network then it would be simple to copy/sync between the recording box and OMV. Or you might be able to tell the recording box to save directly to a share on the OMV NAS? Look for Samba/SMB/CIFS. It is like a networked version of NTFS and OMV supports it perfectly fine.

• I had used NTFS 3TB hard drive for a long time and everything worked fine with OMV3.
    I switched to BTRFS at some point because NTFS was too slow for me to transfer via Samba, that was the only reason why I had changed the file system.

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!