connect Nvidia 2080ti egpu to omv

• Hello community,

I have purchased Nvidia 2080 ti connected to an External GPU box that has a thunderbolt and lan ports. I would like to connect the egpu to my Nvidia and use it with ember Transcoding. I have searched the forum for a solution with no luck and here I'm invested some money to acquire an expensive solution that I cannot utilize.

I wish if someone can guide me through enabling the egpu in omv and utilize it.

Thank you,

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is built on Debian. Debian is Linux.

So search for info on getting egpu working on Linux in general, not just on OMV. That should get you more ideas when searching. One problem is that OMV is headless without a desktop. But it might still work.

I assume that you have to connect and turn on the egpu, install thunderbolt drivers and Nvidia drivers and go from there. Perhaps you can disable the internal gpu in bios? And have Linux use the egpu as the default?

You might want to experiment with a desktop Linux distro first. Get it to work on that first. See what drivers are needed and if they can be installed without the desktop itself.

Most likely things would be much simpler with a normal Nvidia graphics card as the only gpu...

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!