Disk dead can't delete the SMB shares and neither update the Shares entries directly

• Hello,

My SSD died so I installed a new one. Running OMV 5.14

1/ I was just planning to update the Shares entries to point to the right disk while keeping the same config but I get this: 1.txt

2/ then I tried to delete the SMB entries first to potentially be able to recreate the Shares afterwards but I can't neither. 2.txt

3/ Is there a cleaver way to tweak the Disk entry so the rest remains the same as the new SSD is the same sizes and I want to have it configured with the same Shares and SMB entries etc...

Thanks
    XabiX

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, I don't think there is an easy fix.

Rebuild from scratch and restore data from backups.

I try to keep my setup as simple as possible. Only one shared folder. That way it is easy to reinstall from scratch when needed. And restore data from backups.

I don't know how to secure a really complex setup in a good way. Or if it even is possible? And from what I can tell your setup was complex with many shared folders.

Perhaps use multiple RAID arrays or pools of servers? Use one drive per shared folder? Volume manager? Perhaps a fully mirrored install on two or more servers? And really good documentation? And a couple of full time sysadmins working 24/7?

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Is there a cleaver way to tweak the Disk entry so the rest remains the same as the new SSD is the same sizes and I want to have it configured with the same Shares and SMB entries etc...

Did you use an old config.xml file with your new installation? That will not work. Sorry, but there is no possibility to transfer a current configuration to a new system.

For the future you can create an image of your SSD (which contains the OMV system I assume) with e.g. Clonzilla or dd periodically.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Hello All,

Sorry the SSD who died was within the OMV instance so I didn't need to reinstall anything. I am just trying to delete the all disk to reconfigure my shares with the new SSD.

This should be an easy operation but it doesn't seem to work.

Basically what I am trying:

• Delete the SMB entries
    • Delete the Shares
    • Delete the old disk
    • Recreate the Shares with the new disk
    • Recreate the SMB entries based on the new Shares based on the new disk.

So OMV has not changed neither be reinstalled.

Merci
    XabiX

PS: If I can get working, I will re install OMV but as it was difficult to get the quotas working I was planning to reconfigure the existing OMV instance :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!