error in upgrade to OMV 5.1.2-1/5.1.3-1

• Hello

I have tried to update to the versions above, and the update gave me the following errors:

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong?

• Hi... I just installed OMV a couple of days and am having the same issue. It happened when I tried to install the omv extras plugin and it seems as part of the install script it looks to update OMV. I wanted to use OMV w ZFS. I was heading in the direction of FreeNAS when OMV seemed like a nice choice given that it’s Debian based and I’m not comfortable with FreeBSD. In any case I can’t get this script to complete successfully either..... exact same error that @ralliac had above. Thx - ED

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a salt error and not the fault of omv-extras. There was a bug report on github for omv and they could not find the reason. I would reinstall and make sure the media you are using does not have bad areas.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Agreed. It's a salt stack error AND it's nothing to do with omv-extras BUT Open Media Vault is using salt within it's upgrade script and in particular the python files that are executed as a result. In particular it's a problem with line 322 in the codecs.py file -> "(result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)" which throws the error

"UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x8c in position 4: invalid start byte".

I'm a bit handicapped given I'm not a python guy. And since this script was likely crafted by the omv folks when developing the upgrade script, I figured it someone within that group might know what the issue is.

I've checked the disk, reinstalled two subsequent times (fresh installs), always with the same result (when upgrading).

• Offizieller Beitrag

And since this script was likely crafted by the omv folks when developing the upgrade script,

codecs.py is a python-maintained script not OMV.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi,

Have warnings here on a fresh install of OMV5 and on new hardware. The SSD seems ok.

Finally, I don't need omv-extras. How can I delete it properly?
    Hope not to pollute the Rallaic's topic with my question.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have warnings here on a fresh install of OMV5 and on new hardware. The SSD seems ok.

They are harmless and need to be fixed by saltstack not OMV.

Finally, I don't need omv-extras. How can I delete it properly?

Uninstall it from the plugins tab.

• Don't waste your time reinstalling. I was able to track this down to a config file encoding issue. For me, it was /etc/salt/minion.d/_schedule.conf. I am not sure how the file was encoded the way it was, since the host and client systems are all linux variants, but it looks like it's using an encoding common on windows:

Bash
    batkinson@hc2-omv:/etc/salt/minion.d$ file _schedule.conf
    _schedule.conf: ISO-8859 text, with no line terminators

Opening the file, I found a garbled mix of what looked like appropriate content. I removed the file and was able to perform the upgrade and continue to use the configuration.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!