Having trouble with Picapport Docker on a ODROID OMV installation

• Hi,

I want to try Picapport on OMV and I want to install it as a docker. I followed the guide of Techno Life Dad and well besides the tag its all pretty straight forward.
    I have an ODROID HC1 and if Iam not mistaken this is a ARM32 device. But when I tag the dokker pull with the ARM32v6 tag I get a error. When I dont use a tag upon pulling the docker it just get the dokker image. According to the maintainer it should not matter. The container is multiarch and chooses the best suited arc.

Anyway when running the image and setting the paramaters as follow:

Restart policy: Always
    Network mode: Bridge and I chose port 83.
    Erviralmental veribales: Are just the way they were. Nothing added or removed or modifide.
    Vol an Bind mounts I got one for the config files and one where my pictures are.
    I posted a screenshots of this in the thread.

After this I start the docker image and when I go to my ipadres and port it cant connect.
    Iam useing the whatever4711/picapport docker image.

I also tried the docker image of fionnb/picapport but it is the same. Just cant connect...

Can someone help me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should not use /sharedfolders/... use /srv/dev-disk-by-label.... instead.

What does the log say?

Note from Docker Hub:

USING
    The first start of picapport can take up to 30-60 seconds to initialize all databases. Also, depending on how many pictures the application finds, it may take some time for them to appear in the GUI. Please be patient and have a look at the log output until a log line appears that says:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started.After that, point your browser at "http://localhost:8080/" to access the web GUI of picapport.

• okay so it turns out it was my inpatients indeed. Feeling quite stupid now.
    But it was my understanding that photos that were already present in the photo folder would be processed by picapport. But this does not happen. It does say building database 0 photos found 0 trumbnails. I will leave it overnight and see what happens. There are about 7000 photos in the folder.

I will get back to you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Odroid HC1 is arm32v7 but picapport arm32v6 works on HC2 anyway. No need to set any tag on this image. But picapport feels very slow. To the point that it is unusable for me. But I may have configured it wrong... Or it is something with the wrong arch?

All functions seem to be there...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!