add 2 drives to ZFS pool

• Hello,

I had running a openmediavault device for 3 years and my 2TB ZFS drive is now 95% full. I want to expand the drive with 2 now (only 2 for space).

I have tried to add them with the expand button on the menu of the zfs page but do not know what version i need to take. Can someone explain this to me?
    (I have a dutch (NL) version running)

Drive 1 - 2TB - ZFS - 95%
    Drive 2 - 2TB - * - 0%
    Drive 3 - 2TB - * - 0%

Greathings Christophe VD

• Your pool consist of a single ZFS drive and you want to add 2 new single ZFS drives?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Before modifying your ZFS pool you should create a full backup of your data to another drive, if you still haven´t one.

There were some issues reported regarding attaching new drives /vdevs to an existing pool by the ZFS plugin.

If you are familiar with the command line look at this document on page 18 "Attaching more drives": Zeta File System Cheat Sheet

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!