After reboot Raspberry Pi, Windows 10 Network cannot see the SMB shared folder of OMV

• I installed the OMV 4.19.75-v71+ and created the SMB shared folder on Raspberry Pi, then I can see and use the shared folder in Network of Windows 10 Explorer, but after I shutdown and reboot the RPi, the Windows Network cannot see the OMV shared folder again.

I must re-edit the shared folder (like to change the folder comment and save the change) on OMV browser interface, then the Windows Network can see the OMV shared folder again.

How does Windows Network connect the OMV SMB shared folder automatically after RPi reboot?

• Thanks to both your help!

Yes, if I execute "systemctl restart wsdd" in command line of RPi, it can show the shared folder in Windows "Network" view, but it is the manual action, I want to get a method that may show the shared folder in Windows "Network" view automatically after the RPi reboot.

I review the thread "SMB/CIF not showing in Network tab after restauring the image the image with clonezilla",
    SMB/CIFS not showing in Network tab after restauring the image with clonezilla
    in this thread it discussed to fix this issue by using "systemctl restart wsdd" as scheduled job in "at reboot" time and notice that to set the OMV server (RPi) with static IP, but it also can not show the shared folder in"Network" view automatically after RPi reboot.

I checked the RPi status with command "system status wsdd", it shows messages

wsdd.service - Web Services on Devices (WSD) daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/wsdd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: inactive (dead) since Sat 2019-12-21 20:29:39 PST; 2min 57s ago
    Process: 928 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/wsdd.py $WSDD_OPTIONS (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 928 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Dec 21 20:29:37 testshares systemd[1]: Started web services on Devices (WSD) daemon.
    Dec 21 20:29:39 testshares wsdd.py[928]: WARNING: no interface given, using all interfaces
    Dec 21 20:29:39 testshares wsdd.py[928]: ERROR: No multicast addresses available, Exiting.

where the testshares is my shared folder.

And I checked the wsdd.py for the "ERROR: No multicast addresses available, Exiting.", it happened in "Main()" of wsdd.py and seems to be caused by
    can not get address from command line arguments in "enumerate_host_interfaces()".

If I run the scheduled job (systemctl restart wsdd at reboot) as "cron job", then it will show the shared folder in "Network" view and check the wsdd status on RPi, it will show the messages as

wsdd.service - Web Services on Devices (WSD) daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/wsdd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2019-12-21 21:05:28 PST; 2min 9s ago
    Main PID: 2456 (python3)Tasks: 1 (limit:4915)
    CGroup: /system.slice/wsdd.service
    |-2456 python3 /usr/sbin/wsdd.py --short log --workgroup=WORKGROUP

Dec 21 21:05:28 testshares systemd[1]: Started web services on Devices (WSD) daemon.
    Dec 21 21:05:28 testshares wsdd.py[4256]: WARNING: no interface given, using all interfaces

I do not understand the wsdd.py completely, so I do not know how to happen the error after RPi reboot immediately and what is the difference to restart wsdd by command "systemctl" after the RPi completing the reboot.

Please give the help to automatically restart wsdd and keep it in active (running) after RPi reboot, thanks!

• Thanks to Votdev.

1. For "wsdd is started too early", from the wsdd status checking, the wsdd scheduled job should be executed after completing the OMV server (RPi) reboot, so how to tweak the systemd unit?
    And I try to add scheduled jobs as systemctl status wsdd, systemctl stop wssdd, and systemctl restart wsdd after the first "systemctl restart wsdd" job, it still can not fix this issue.
    2. How to update the wsdd to version 0.5?
    3. Does the OMV 5.x fix this issue?

Please give me your help, thanks!

• Update the wsdd to version 0.5 on OMV server (RPi) with normal update command

apt update,

then

apt upgrade

The updated wsdd 0.5, it fixed the issue, after RPi reboot, the Windows "Network" view will show the shared folder, thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!