Docker tab in the web-gui wont appear

• I followed Techno Dad Life's tutorial to install OMV 5 but when installing Docker trough OMV-Extra, it doesn't appear in the 'Services' group. How can I fix that?
    What I've tried so far : removing OMV-Extra and adding it again with the command, clearing my browser cache, restarting my server, using apt clean, installing Docker in the default file location.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Couple of things...

1. There is no docker plugin anymore (or at least not the way it was in OMV 4). From your image, it appears it is installed and running.

2. Your path to your container folder. It needs to be the absolute path or you're going to have problems. An absolute path will be something like /srv/dev_by_disk/etc. You can find it under shared folders. Click Shared folders, then click the "down" button next to "Names". Click Columns and put a check next to absolute path. You'll now see the absolute paths in the webUI. That's the one you need to put in the containers location. Do that then click save to restart the docker service.

3. Once that is done, click Install Portainer. When that is complete, navigate to yourip:9000 and follow the instructions to set a user and password for Portainer. Once you're logged in, you'll see some options, choose the one that says "/var/run/docker.sock" (can't remember exactly how it's worded)

Once you're logged in, click Containers, and you'll see the container screen with a running Portainer container.

• 2. Your path to your container folder. It needs to be the absolute path or you're going to have problems. An absolute path will be something like /srv/dev_by_disk/etc. You can find it under shared folders. Click Shared folders, then click the "down" button next to "Names". Click Columns and put a check next to absolute path. You'll now see the absolute paths in the webUI. That's the one you need to put in the containers location. Do that then click save to restart the docker service.

It gives me errors, telling that it is 'installed and not running' . I have created a new share, deleted docker and tried to install it in a fresh share but it gave errors too and now i can't delete the previous share too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!