• I run OMV on a HP N40L. I use the latest version.
    I would like to copy over some files that reside on a USB removable hard disk.
    The USB drive is recognized when I plug it into the N40L but does not mount so I cannot use it.
    Is there a way to get around this?
    Thanks
    Tjerk

• Offizieller Beitrag

The OMV web interface doesn't support HFS+

apt-get install hfsplus
    mkdir /media/hfs
    mount -t hfsplus /dev/sdXY /media/hfs

will mount the drive.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Very helpful previous post.

However, it's worth mentioning that this will not work on drives that are bigger than 2TB.

Does anyone know, if the 2GB limit will be increased anytime soon ?, as I have all my data on a 3TB HFS+ drive, that I want to copy to my xfs drive ?

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

TK :)

• I would guess that Debian Wheezys version of hfsplus should include the patch from 2011 which fixed this restriction. Therefore this problem could be solved with the upcoming Version of OpenMediaVault Kralizec.

http://superuser.com/questions…mount-in-any-os-for-armv6

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I know this is not really helpful as you want to do it without a mac.
    But this is the way I do it. Plug almost everything onto my mac and then transfer it via gigabit network to my server. Fast enough ;)

• Sorry for thread necromancy, but following ryeco's steps, I've now got my HFS partition mounted, but there's no volume name and I can't put the shared folder for a Time Machine backup on it. Anyone know how to do that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You might have to create a shared folder on a different drive and symlink your hfs folder to the newly created folder.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You might have to create a shared folder on a different drive and symlink your hfs folder to the newly created folder.

I always hate that. I never can remember the order of link syntax. IIRC, if I were to make a shared folder called TimeMachineBackup on my first HDD (mounted at /media/hdd1), the steps to create a symbolic link are:

Code
    # mkdir /media/hfs/TimeMachineBackup
    # ln -s /media/hdd1/TimeMachineBackup /media/HFS/TimeMachineBackup
    # ln -l

Or did I get the

Code
    ln -s

wrong?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!