OMV 5 doesn't let me create shared folders

• hi
    i'm running omv 5 on buster, and on an armel, so no plugins, i guess
    omv is working fine enough but for the shared folders section: when i click on choose a device i am given none, so i cannot create any

this is my fdisk:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you mount filesystems in the GUI of OMV?

I was just looking at this this, what makes little sense is line 72, 73 and 76. Line 73 would suggest that the 3TB was not wiped correctly and why is there a swap partition on that drive. There is also a suggested Raid setup, line 76 ?( with one drive??

• I was just looking at this this, what makes little sense is line 72, 73 and 76. Line 73 would suggest that the 3TB was not wiped correctly and why is there a swap partition on that drive. There is also a suggested Raid setup, line 76 ?( with one drive??

i have no idea why it's like that: all i know is that the hd was first used by the nsa 325 v2 and worked fairly, it kept working after i turned the nsa into a debian kirkwood machine, but recently i had to format it cause of some broken update: i have saved the old fstab if you want to check it
    the swap i do have no idea why is there, but... if i can avoid struggling a 3 TB hd it'll stay there

is there any way to polish the array?
    besides it's an array which works with one partition only, so if i can get rid of it without messing and moving files i'd be most happy to do it

• Offizieller Beitrag

if i can avoid struggling a 3 TB hd it'll stay there

TBH the only way forward is to start again, the reason the swap partition is on that drive is because the drive was connected when the OMV was installed, that's a best guess.

That 3TB has a Microsoft partition on it!!

You need to re install without that drive connected, once OMV is working correctly plug the drive in wipe it and then format it.

is there any way to polish the array?
    besides it's an array which works with one partition only, so if i can get rid of it without messing and moving files i'd be most happy to do it

:D my Grandmother had a saying "You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear"

• if only i could persuade that pig to be a bug............
    just seems absurd that it isn't recognizing it while it did for years

i haven't enough free space in any of my pcs to place 2 or 3 TB of stuff: should i really really wipe everything from that HD?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!