RAID5 Array missing (after a short nap)

• Hey everyone, recently moved from OMV4 to 5, which went well. So I got mylar kind of working last night, decided to take a nap and boom woke up to "missing" showing up in file system, devastated at the moment. I am here for help to get this array back up but I know its not a backup so am prepared for the worst, just hoping for better haha

One thing to note, it used to be called md0 on the old OMV4 but it was working in the new install as md127 so didn't really think too much of it till now. It was also around that time when my array checks its self so may have started from that, now that I think about it,
    It should be a RAID5 with 7 disks sdc-sdi

Thank you in advance!

Code
    cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md127 : inactive sdd[5](S) sdf[2](S) sde[7](S) sdh[1](S) sdg[6](S)      39069523640 blocks super 1.2       
    unused devices: <none>

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you tried rebooting

The change to the raid reference is irrelevant and nothing to worry about, what is is 7 x 8TB drives in a Raid 5, Raid 5 allows for one physical drive failure, you currently have two missing and by the output it's /dev/sd[ci]. Therefore it 'might' be possible to re assemble the array and all's well, or it could be terminal which means it's unrecoverable.

Try rebooting if the raid still shows as missing run cat /proc/mdstat if the output is the same as your post then prepare for the worst.

mdadm --stop /dev/md127

mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[cdefghi]

This will either reassemble or it will throw an error/s

• Thanks for the help. So I rebooted stopped the RAID and tried the command

Annnd it worked. Is there anything I should change to avoid this happening again?

OMG thank you so much geaves!! Have an amazing holiday!
    Is there a way I can buy you a beer?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!