Trouble installing OMV on pi4 : No access to GUI

• I want to add the following.

Yesterday during the day I could install and run everything, but because I want to start it from SSD I had to install it a lot of times.
    The problems started in the evening. That is when the troubles began and I couldn't start OMV5 again.
    So something happened during the day.

Now I will go back to OMV4. I still have the image and this is working.

Yes, it seems that something happened yesterday. We are all experiencing the exact same behavior: no access to the web gui and after setting a port in firstaid we get the 502 bad gateway nginx error. We used different raspbian busters lite images so the problem doesn't seem to be related to this.
    It happend yesterday during the day. Anyone knows of changes to omv 5 that were made yesterday maybe ?

• Hey guys,

i encountered the same problem with OMV 5.x on Armbian Buster (Kernel 4.14.y).

It seems that during the installation process a file got missing or a service is not started correctly. I get the following error messages:

Code: /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log
    2019/12/26 17:39:29 [crit] 1803#1803: *1 connect() to unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "127.0.0.1"

I hope this information is in some way useful.

Greetings Slam

• I also want to add something. Before I left home I checked the time of my server and it was an hour behind. I think the timezone is incorrect or summertime is active.

Maybe that is the cause of this problem?

I installed NTP to set a timeserver and didn’t check what it said before I confirmed installation and it actually removed openmediavault package along a few other packages like chrony before installing NTP so I completely screwed up my installation. I didn’t think that another time server application was installed. Tomorrow I will reinstall my server and OMV5 and set the date and time so it will be correct and check whether that makes a difference. Will post results.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note... When posting no output from a failed install, it doesn't help anything. Testing now since I wasn't do anything OMV yesterday including installing on RPis or reading the forum.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Haven't tried the rpi yet but on a rock64, I had to do the following to fix the web interface (install script will do this as well).

omv-salt deploy run nginx
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

I will try the RPi4 in a little bit.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Haven't tried the rpi yet but on a rock64, I had to do the following to fix the web interface (install script will do this as well).

I've just tried it on rpi4 , it works with this fix. Thank you ! :thumbup: Maybe it should be added to the manual for the time being.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe it should be added to the manual for the time being.

Good to hear. I already put it in the install script. So, no need to adjust the manual :) Still need to figure out what changed in the openmediavault package itself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I apply the script? With wget -O? Or manually pasting it in the terminal

Did you already follow the directions and are looking for a fix to the web interface issue? If so, just run the two commands I posted above. Otherwise, follow the directions in the guide again.

• Thanks guys, the two commands get the web interface up and running. Good to know that the install script has been updated to reflect this. I still get the python 3 depreciation warnings for collections when I run each of the two commands so hoping these can be ignored? Happy for now :)

• Hallo,

After re-installing OMV5 it worked! Thanks!

Now I have the problem, if I want to save a setting in the web-gui, I always get this error!

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Best regards
    uwe from berlin/de

• Haven't tried the rpi yet but on a rock64, I had to do the following to fix the web interface (install script will do this as well).

Happy new year to everybody!

I'm the one who got hit by https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/457: NGinx wasn't available after dist-upgrading and changing a parameter. Recently I found the reason for the issue. By changing this single parameter, not only that parameter is changed, but the whole OMV config is merely rewritten. Expecially this hunk is of interest:

It is from file /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui: the config now refers to a socket file, which does not exist and hence nginx fails to run correctly. Running your two commands solves the issue permantly, as the socket file does now exists.

However I'd expect that the Debian package too creates all socket files it potentially needs. I did not test yet w/ 5.2.2, but it failed w/ 5.2.1 and I don't see an commit on git, which promises a fix in 5.2.2. Are there plan to introduce the fix into the Debian packages too?

• I had the same problem: installing with:

sudo wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install | sudo bash

on a Raspberry-Pi OS Lite

I checked my router and the IP of the RPI seemed to not have changed.
    No matter if WIFI or LAN i could not ssh into it after OMV installation.

ssh: connect to host 10.0.0.xxx port 22: No route to host (every time)

Then after 5 reinstalling attempts I restarted my router....
    Then I connected the PI via LAN to the router and finally the IP had changed.
    I think it was changed all the time but my weird A1 router did not update and showed me the old IP.

Now I can finally log into OMV using the web browser.
    Because I was so mad that I did not work at first and I saw that you guys also had such a struggle I signed in to this forum to post the FIX.

my MSc / Robotics engineering brain took 6 hours to try the "have you tried turning it on and off again" method.

• Offizieller Beitrag

my MSc / Robotics engineering brain took 6 hours to try the "have you tried turning it on and off again" method.

^^

At least that got you into the forum. Welcome! :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!