Forgot Portainer login

• Yesterday I set up a lot of different things in Portainer. Today I realized I forgot my login details to portainer. I've tried to remove both Portainer and Docker but still asks the pwd I don't have.

Is there a way to delete a config/db file to reset it? If so, where is it?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Remove portainer in omv-extras and then execute the command docker volume rm portainer_data. Then reinstall portainer. You will have to clear your browser cache or do a ctrl-shift-R on the portainer web interface.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Awesome, searched for the answer for more than an hour! Too bad I have to redo everything but that's the price I guess...

Edit: when I managed to login again, I noticed that all containers still are there. Can you just remove the pwd it's not much use to have one, or is there something else I'm missing?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I noticed that all containers still are there

Yep, removing portainer doesn't affect current containers.

Can you just remove the pwd it's not much use to have one, or is there something else I'm missing?

Never tried. Why not just set it to the same password you use for the OMV web interface? That password can't be removed either.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV 6 - Solution with ssh connection:

Docker Image portainer/helper-reset-password:latest

Portainer GUI:

Code
    Login: admin
    Password:  /05wa7-IVt]Tj.1<x"2#%nM4l8BPNX3J

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!