Why did my IP address change?

• About a week ago, my GUI stopped loading on my web browser. I did a bit of digging around and was able to run First Aid on my OMV, where I discovered that my OMV was now using a new IP address (changed from xxx.xxx.xxx.16 to xxx.xxx.xxx.17). Also, I had to change the default port to something other than 80 to get it to work again. Now, some of my dockers are not working, due to the IP change I believe. Right now, my server is running again.

I just am not sure what could have caused this. A few days prior to this issue, I had installed PiHole using Techno Dad's tutorial. It installations seemed to go fine and was working. I have since removed it form my server.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Release: 4.1.30-1
    Codename: Arrakis

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you installed pihole directly on Debian (not in docker) it will also use port 80 unless you change it. Two services (OMV and pihole) using the same port does not work.

Out of the box OMV uses DHCP which means OMV gets an IP assigned by the router which can change. Now you have several possibilities:

• tell the router to assigne always the same IP to OMV (probably the best method)
    • configure OMV to use a static IP (make sure no other device will use the same IP)
    • don't care about IP, but use the hostname instead

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!