Easy Nextcloud Installation discussion

• @TechnoDadLife @macom

I got to the part of the video where omv's web administration port needs to be changed.
    Since I have an apache web server on port 80, I had already changed the port of the web administration of omv.
    Could the apache web server give nexcloud problems?

Maybe I have to edit this line (the video starts at the specific point):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…2k&feature=youtu.be&t=517

• Can anyone take a look to see if everything is ok?

I hope there is no sensitive information about my network. If so, please notify me.

@macom @TechnoDadLife visiting the address http://10.0.30.147:8282 I can't access the NextCloudPi Activation page as indicated in the video.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can anyone take a look to see if everything is ok?

I hope there is no sensitive information about my network. If so, please notify me.

@macom @TechnoDadLife visiting the address http://10.0.30.147:8282 I can't access the NextCloudPi Activation page as indicated in the video.

I only tested the nextcloudpi docker briefly in a virtual machine (worked flawlessly for me)... but I'm pretty sure it requires port 80.

• Finally got it working. As with the reference above there is a fix for 3 different files which are permission based. Please reference the link above for the fix of each file, I've included the location of the files below. Once the files are updated then delete the container, not the volume or image, and restart the container as mentioned in the @TechnoDadLife video or the nextcloudpi website. Hopefully this will help others until the docker image is updated with the fix.

File locations:
    /ncdata/bin/ncp-provisioning.sh
    /ncdata/bin/ncp/CONFIG/nc-limits.sh
    /ncdata/etc/services-enabled.d/020nextcloud

liquidJiggy,

I'm having the exact same issue as you using my RockPro64. I clicked on the link that you had on the previous post which brought me to the GitHub page. Looked around but not finding exactly what to do to fix this redis issue. Would you mind giving a newb like me some more direction?

• liquidJiggy,

I'm having the exact same issue as you using my RockPro64. I clicked on the link that you had on the previous post which brought me to the GitHub page. Looked around but not finding exactly what to do to fix this redis issue. Would you mind giving a newb like me some more direction?

Edit FSTAB

type with putty: nano /etc/fstab

and change noexcec to exec

/dev/disk/by-label/datadisk /srv/dev-disk-by-label-datadisk xfs defaults,nofail,noexec,usrquota,grpquota 0 2

• This is where we can ask any questions about the Nextcloud docker video.

If you haven't seen the video. It is here : Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

Thanks a lot TechnoDadlife!

I just installed Nextcloud on my OMV5 (running on RPI2) and it works perfectly.

I have 3 questions:

1. It must be much faster on RPI4 than RPI2 ? I found the naviagation sometimes slowly, I think it's related to the proc and ram, no? I need to redo the installation if I migrate to RPI4 ?
    2. Is there any container to use onlyoffice server on nextcloudpi ?
    3. Nexcloudpi is based on the last version of nexcloud ? I activate "Automatically apply Nextcloud updates" on nextcloupi administration panel

Thanks.

have a nice day.

cseb

1. Is there any container to use onlyoffice server on nextcloudpi ?

No, onlyoffice support only 64-Bit CPUs

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hi I have installed Nextcloud via Docker on omv5. Everything runs fine including letsencrypt. There is only one issue. I can’t is smb /cifs for external drives because it is not installed. Can someone give me a description how to install smb/cifs on Nextcloud in Docker?

Thanks for this

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you using the nextcloud image from linuxserver?

Then smb is included in the image. You need to install the "external storage" app within nextcloud in order to get access to a smb share outside the container.

I had some issues to find the app: if you go into apps and select any category (e.g. files) and search for "external" in the top right corner, then in the top some apps are listed which are not the ones. But if you scroll down then something like "results from other categories" shows up. Below that you find the "external storage" app.

However, it seem there are other images for nextcloud where smb is not installed. You can search in the forum of nextcloud how to fix it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, then you have used the official image from Nextcloud. I would ask in the nextcloud forum. It might not include smb.

Or you switch to the linuxserver/nextcloud image. I know smb is working there because I use it.

• Hi I have installed Nextcloud via Docker on omv5. Everything runs fine including letsencrypt. There is only one issue. I can’t is smb /cifs for external drives because it is not installed. Can someone give me a description how to install smb/cifs on Nextcloud in Docker?

Thanks for this

hi,

There is an app into nexcloud to connect a samba/cifs sharing.

Did you install on RPI?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!