Deleting Filesystem does not work

• Hallo Forum,

on my Odroid HC2 I try to delete the ext4 file system "WDBackup" of the device /dev/sda1 from the web gui.

However, the filesystem always shows up again. Even after a reboot.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I basically just wanted to switch to btrfs.

Kind regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not share folder. Shared folder.

No, you can't simply delete it from shell. OMV is likely to glitch. Impossible to do changes and so on.

However, it sounds as if your OMV install already is glitching.

I don't belive you when you say that it is a fresh install. Then it should be easy to delete a newly created filesystem.

I think that you actually did something more between creating and trying to delete the filesystem. Something that you you don't mention for some reason . And you need to remove/delete/disable that before you can delete the filesystem.

If I am wrong then your drive or SD card might be bad, and that is the cause of your problem.

If you can't figure out what the problem is, reinstall from scratch. After all it is a fresh install so you will loose nothing but time.

Edit: Did you try to unmount the filesystem before you deleted it?

• Thank you for your response. OMV itself really is not configured yet. There is no share, not even a user or mount point. I have the feeling that the ext4 volume still was being created in the background so that I could not delete the file system during this process.

Hower I was able to delete the device itself without deleting the ext4 file system beforehand. After this I was able to create a new btrfs file system on the device itself. Somewhat illogical, but at least it worked! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is delete even a button under file systems? (I'm not in front of my server).

I was thinking you had to make sure no shares, etc.. were using the file system, unmount it in the weBUI, then under Disks in the webUi, wipe the disk (Quick... Secure may take days depending on the size of the drive)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!