Boot Failure with OMS 4 on QNAP TS 269 Pro, only boots with connected HDMI cable. OMS installed on SD card

• Hi all!

I've got a strange problem on my successfull insalled OMS on a QNAP Nas TS 269 pro. I installed latest stable, OMS 4.1.30 on micro SD card connected on USB 3.0 port. I installed the flashmemory plugin and tested different connections (FTP, SSH, SFTP). Everything went well.

The problem is when the HDMI cable is pluged in as it was on installation, the device boots without any problem. Then if the HDMI is disconnected during reboot or startup nothing happens, the device boots to bios shell (i think). Unable to login or doing anything.

Hope somebody can help!

Thanks!

Hardware:
    QNAP TS 269 Pro
    Intel Atom CPU D2701, 2.13 GHz
    3 GB DDR3 RAM
    OMV Arrakis 4.1.30, Linux Kernel 4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a bios issue on some system. There might be a grub setting to fix this. Otherwise, I would guess you need a dummy hdmi plug to leave in the system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the reply

I tried to find some fix with grub, but didn't find some, my skills on Linux are limited :)

Think it will work with the hdmi dummy plug, i'll order someone.

By the way, im very happy with OMV!

Thanks to all contributors for the great work! I will place a donation soon.

• Hi

I tested now some days with the hdmi dummy plug, and it work perfect so far. Just on first boot it didn't recognize the hdmi dummy, since 2nd bootup everything is ok.

Thanks again to ryecoaaron for the tip!

Really awesome OS! :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!