Snapraid: The 100% of the array is not scrubbed.

• Hi all,

This is a new SnapRAID setup. And also my first ever. I am using 2 data drives (which are together in a UnionFS) and 1 parity drive.

I've started copying files over and started playing around to see what all the commands do, everything seems fine except for this message 'The 100% of the array is not scrubbed.'

I try to do a manual scrub, but the output says that there is nothing to scrub. So what is going on?

Code
    root@Eddy:~# snapraid scrub
    Self test...
    Loading state from /srv/dev-disk-by-label-D1/snapraid.content...
    Using 37 MiB of memory for the file-system.
    Initializing...
    Scrubbing...
    Using 32 MiB of memory for 32 cached blocks.
    Nothing to do
  • Thanks for the reply. That actually didnt do anything, but I realised something by reading your reply and the documentation.

Zitat von http://www.snapraid.it/manual

Every run of the command checks about the 8% of the array, but not data already scrubbed in the previous 10 days. You can use the -p, --plan option to specify a different amount, and the -o, --older-than option to specify a different age in days. For example, to check 5% of the array older than 20 days use:

snapraid -p 5 -o 20 scrub

so snapraid scrub or snapraid -p 5 -o 20 scrub didnt yield any result because all data on my drives is newer that 10 days

then I tried snapraid -p 100 -o 0 scrub, which seems to have worked

Now I'm also thinking the initial problem, wasnt really a problem at all, after 10 days the default command would have started working and I should schedule a scrub weekly so 8% of my array will be scrubbed every week. Correct?

• It wasn't a problem. -p 100 can take a long time depending on how much data you have.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!