SnapRAID Plugin Rules Bug?

• OMV 5.x (beta)
    • SnapRAID Plugin Rules Bug?

When creating a rule, if a directory is selected, the resulting rule should end with a forward slash (/).

If a file is selected, the resulting rule should end with the last character in the filename.

Bug?

Rules created for directories do not end with a forward slash, so they are effectively ignored.
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

OMV 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gderf ().

• The root folder browser component just returns a path. How do you propose the code figures out if the last element of that path is a directory or file? Directories can have . in them and files don't always have extensions. And since the code is running in javascript in the browser, it can't check the server's filesystem for the answer.

And I wouldn't call this a bug. I really just intended the folder browser to be helpful creating the rule not putting any logic into it. That is why it is an editable text field.
      omv 5.3.4 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.2.5
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Ok, but my observation was that in past versions of OMV it worked as expected. But I could be wrong too. Until yesterday I haven't created any new rules in years.
      --

RAID - Its ability to disappoint is inversely proportional to the user's understanding of it.

OMV 5.x on ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0 Stepping - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380 + Silverstone DS380 DAS Box.
    • gderf wrote:

Ok, but my observation was that in past versions of OMV it worked as expected. But I could be wrong too. Until yesterday I haven't created any new rules in years.
      I fired up both versions. I did screw up when I "fixed" the omv 5.x version of snapraid. I allowed the full OS instead of just the folders for the selected volume. But neither one allows you to select files. Not sure if I should change it back to the volume browser instead of full root but either way. I guess I can make sure the trailing slash is on there.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • If I read you correctly, I noticed this too. When I create a rule and select the drive, and then select the directory, the resulting rule contains the fully qualified path to the folder. SnapRaid seems to ignore this rule. I have to manually edit it to be just the directory name but not including the drive.
      --

• 5.0.5 is in the repo. The rules should behave just like OMV 4.x and the contrast is fixed.