SnapRAID Plugin Rules Bug?

• When creating a rule, if a directory is selected, the resulting rule should end with a forward slash (/).

If a file is selected, the resulting rule should end with the last character in the filename.

Bug?

Rules created for directories do not end with a forward slash, so they are effectively ignored.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The root folder browser component just returns a path. How do you propose the code figures out if the last element of that path is a directory or file? Directories can have . in them and files don't always have extensions. And since the code is running in javascript in the browser, it can't check the server's filesystem for the answer.

And I wouldn't call this a bug. I really just intended the folder browser to be helpful creating the rule not putting any logic into it. That is why it is an editable text field.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, but my observation was that in past versions of OMV it worked as expected. But I could be wrong too. Until yesterday I haven't created any new rules in years.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, but my observation was that in past versions of OMV it worked as expected. But I could be wrong too. Until yesterday I haven't created any new rules in years.

I fired up both versions. I did screw up when I "fixed" the omv 5.x version of snapraid. I allowed the full OS instead of just the folders for the selected volume. But neither one allows you to select files. Not sure if I should change it back to the volume browser instead of full root but either way. I guess I can make sure the trailing slash is on there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• If I read you correctly, I noticed this too. When I create a rule and select the drive, and then select the directory, the resulting rule contains the fully qualified path to the folder. SnapRaid seems to ignore this rule. I have to manually edit it to be just the directory name but not including the drive.

--

• @ryecoaaron

While you are at it, can anything be done to improve the contrast in the Config Tab?

Thanks

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

5.0.5 is in the repo. The rules should behave just like OMV 4.x and the contrast is fixed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!