Serviio Install Guide

• The guide has now been updated for Kralizec support and Sardaukar support. See the 1st post for details. If you run into problems, please post them here and I will try to address them as soon as I can.

• Hello to all,

A minor update to this project. I am working on compiling ffmpeg with the latest version and I am also testing the latest static builds. I am testing the deb-multimedia repository as well. Here are some thoughts I have. 1. Web based console. While there is a 3rd party option that I use, I think Serviio should include their own web console. This is a crucial part missing from Serviio in my opinion. 2. Media Browser. It is dependent on Flash. I will continue to support this guide as best to my ability. In the long term I would like it to turn into a plugin but until Serviio makes changes to their code we will not see it as as a plugin. For now, enjoy the guide as a basic setup for Serviio. Advanced configuration is in the works. When I have finished my testing I will post the results. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: I have edited this post as I felt I was ranting (beer was involved hehe) and not addressing my thoughts in the right forum. The issues I am facing I should address in the Serviio forums and not address here.

• what mean this?

Code
    root@debian:~# sudo curl -i -H "Content-Type: plain/text; Accept: application/json" -X PUT "http://127.0.0.1:23423/rest/license-upload" -T /home/Serviio_12345.lic
    curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
    root@debian:~#

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• Hi noxx,

Sorry for the late reply. I am on vacation this week. :D I have a typo in the port number. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. :) It should be:

Code
    sudo curl -i -H "Content-Type: plain/text; Accept: application/json" -X PUT "http://127.0.0.1:23424/rest/license-upload" -T Serviio_XXX.lic

Try it again with this code instead. Be sure to replace XXX with your license.

• hi.

the same problem: curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Code
    root@debian:~# curl -i -H "Content-Type: plain/text; Accept: application/json" -X PUT "http://127.0.0.1:23424/rest/license-upload" -T /home/Serviio_xxxxx.lic
    curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• Code
    cat /etc/network/interfaces
    netstat -tulpen | grep 23424

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Server:

• Nothing running on localhost:23424... So you can't put something where nothing is...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• ok, i try all point again

Code
    root@debian:~# netstat -tulpen | grep 23424
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:23424           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      997        294279      32385/java

if i will start serviio (with http://192.168.1.18/serviio) i get this here:
    404 Not Found
    nginx

-------------
    are this two point ok?

Server:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von noxx ()

• Hi Noxx,

I think you are skipping some of the steps and that is why you are having issues. As for the license it seems you did not replace XXX like I suggested. If you don't have a license file you can skip this step. As for the startup script, I will double check it but I'm pretty sure it's ok since I built it while writing the guide and it has worked in the past.

run this: sudo update-rc.d serviio remove

Try the steps again to add the startup script.

I will check back later.

• hi, thx for u answer
    i have a pro licence for serviio and had change the xxx to the licences number.

if i uninstall serviio i get this

Server:

• Hi Noxx,

It seems like you are missing the top half of the startup script or something didn't copy correctly. I would suggest you delete the /etc/init.d/serviio file and try again from step 2 in the guide. Copy the source code in step 2 and save it as /etc/init.d/serviio and try the command again to add it to the startup. Also make sure you have done the step to add the user serviio so the script will run as the user serviio. If you still have problems let me know. Let's get you up and running! :)

• If he used select all on the old forum software and copied that he probably has copied over some tabstops that aren't supposed to be in the startscript and render it unuseable.

Greetings
    David

• i try all, but it dont work

also uninstall dont go

Code
    root@debian:~#  sudo update-rc.d serviio remove
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

Server:

• And what are you expecting to see? That it will tell you removed successfully? It doesn't do that... and oh, doooooooooooooon't use sudo....

Greetings
    David

• David is right noxx. Since you are logged in as root you do not need "sudo". You only need to use sudo when you are not logged in as root and added your user account to the sudo group. I'm sorry if that has confused you. I prefer to use sudo over logging in as root. But if you want to login as root that is your choice and you don't need to use the sudo command.

• First, sudo is installed on OpemMediaVault, but it isn't configured for useage.

Second, seeing someone using sudo as root just shows how small theire linux knowledge is and how good they understand it.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!