Installation stuck, not working

• Hello,

Just wanted to know if someone is having the same issue. I am getting stuck on installing new OMV 5.0.5, which I will like to know if it is also beta release or not. As in the forum says OMV 5.x (beta), but in the download page, there is no beta tag on.

http://prntscr.com/qkxlwo

Any idea, why am I getting that blue screen with proxmox?

Kind regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is a beta release... but it's more like a release candidate at this point. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't been released yet.

Unfortunately no idea on what your issue is however.

Maybe try doing a Debian 10 minimal install, and then install OMV on top of that?

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript

• Hello,

I think I have figured out the issue. The installation process is getting stuck when trying to setup the network during the installation, I was able to click <enter> before the end, and seems the process continued correctly.

Is there any plans for stable release to get out?
    Based on your experience, would you recommend going with the 5.0.5 or 4.1.22?

Kind regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any plans for stable release to get out?

The problem you are having is with the Debian Installer (not created by OMV) and this is not beta - very stable. I have installed OMV 5 hundreds of times in proxmox and never had this issue. I would say it has something to do with your setup of the virtual machine.

ould you recommend going with the 5.0.5 or 4.1.22?

OMV 5.x. 5.0.5 is just the installer version. The first thing you should do is install all updates to take you to 5.2.2 right away.

• The problem you are having is with the Debian Installer (not created by OMV) and this is not beta - very stable. I have installed OMV 5 hundreds of times in proxmox and never had this issue. I would say it has something to do with your setup of the virtual machine.

OMV 5.x. 5.0.5 is just the installer version. The first thing you should do is install all updates to take you to 5.2.2 right away.

Hello, I have tried multiple VM configs, by changing type of disk, type of CPU, etc, etc, but now that I was thinking I have not tried changing network adaptor, as I was saying it seems the install kept stuck on network step, and it went through if I cancel it during the process, I will tried changing network config and will let you know. In the meantime, can you please post your VM settings?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nothing, changed network adaptor and the same, stuck on blue screen. Posting my VM config:

Is there a reason you are using EFI? I never use it unless I have to. One of my many configs pic attached: I use virtio for as much as possible because it is the fastest option and never had an issue in years and years of using it.

• Is there a reason you are using EFI? I never use it unless I have to. One of my many configs pic attached: I use virtio for as much as possible because it is the fastest option and never had an issue in years and years of using it

Well, it was just one of the configs, I tried. But I also tried yours. So do not know what might be failing for me and not for you. Probably, I do not have dhcp ipv6 and you have? Because as I was saying, it gets stuck on network config, so it could be that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably, I do not have dhcp ipv6 and you have? Because as I was saying, it gets stuck on network config, so it could be that.

I do have dhcp ipv6. When it gets stuck, switch to a difference terminal with alt-f2 or alt-f3 and post the last few processes in the output of ps.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I do have dhcp ipv6. When it gets stuck, switch to a difference terminal with alt-f2 or alt-f3 and post the last few processes in the output of ps.

Let me try, though I already have it working, as skipped the network config step from installation. But I think for sure it might be that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure what is going on. You shouldn't have to have ipv6 dhcp to install though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I know it's an old thread and I'm not sure if this has already been covered elsewhere, but this thread is what came up for me when I was googling this issue. In my case I was trying to run OMV 5.6.13 on XCP-ng using the Debian 10 template in XOA. The installer insists on using DHCPv6 and my network doesn't have it, so the installer wouldn't allow me to configure the network at all. IPv6 can be forced off by hitting tab in the boot menu with the "Install" option selected in order to edit the command line. Just add the following option (must go before the two dashes [--]):

Code
    ipv6.disable_ipv6=1

Fixed the problem for me and I was able to proceed with the install.

Found the fix in a thread on the Debian forums.

• I know it's an old thread and I'm not sure if this has already been covered elsewhere, but this thread is what came up for me when I was googling this issue. In my case I was trying to run OMV 5.6.13 on XCP-ng using the Debian 10 template in XOA. The installer insists on using DHCPv6 and my network doesn't have it, so the installer wouldn't allow me to configure the network at all. IPv6 can be forced off by hitting tab in the boot menu with the "Install" option selected in order to edit the command line. Just add the following option (must go before the two dashes [--]):

Code
    ipv6.disable_ipv6=1

I registered an account just to thank you for this solution. It worked like a charm, for a bare metal install. Will be trying this again on my Proxmox server.

Thanks again!

Code
    ipv6.disable_ipv6=1

Thank you very much for this tip! It worked for me too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!