Can't install omv-extras (unmet dependencies) on OMV5

• Clean instalation from ISO image 5.0.5. Barebone. AMD 64 (Intel E8200). During installation i had problems with package sources. After instalation i found 2 problems - with DNS (I solved it by adding DNS server in configuration in OMV) and with apt sources - I solved it by recreating file/etc/apt/sources.list with generator.

After this I make apt update; apt upgrade; apt dist-upgrade. Next I tried install omv-extras (by command wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash). I got error with problem with dependencies - gnupg and If I remeber dirmngr (I installed it manually by apt install dirmngr) .

Code
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on gnupg; however:
    Package gnupg is not installed.

When I trying install gnupg ( apt install gnupg) I got

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    gnupg : Depends: gpgv (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u1.1~) but 2.2.17-3~bpo10+2 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I also tried adding openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all5.deb to OMV (upload), but when I try install I got the same problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't use stable. You should use buster. Stable will end up upgrading your system when the next release is out and will break things.

What is the output of: apt-cache policy gnupg gpgv

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I changed to buster (bellow my current sources.list) but I have still the same problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something installed gpgv from backports which is causing the problem. I would do the following:

apt-get install gnupg=2.2.12-1+deb10u1 gpgv=2.2.12-1+deb10u1

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Something installed gpgv from backports which is causing the problem. I would do the following:

apt-get install gnupg=2.2.12-1+deb10u1 gpgv=2.2.12-1+deb10u1

I tried your method, but i got this error. Any way to fix?

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-get install gnupg=2.1.18-8~deb9u4 gpgv=2.1.18-8~deb9u4

If you are trying to install those versions, then you are still on Debian 9 Stretch and you cannot install OMV 5.x on Debian 9.

• Thanks for your feedback. To improve existing installation documentation, would you mind to mention the questions you had & struggled to get answers for?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Installing OMV 5 does not connect to any of the mirrors posted during install. Had to complete install with no repos and updates failed because sources.list was incorrect. Conflicting repo information all over net about which debian repo to use. The repos listed here for 'buster' worked and was able to update OMV and this, apt-get install gnupg=2.2.12-1+deb10u1 gpgv=2.2.12-1+deb10u1 fixed the balance of my problems. I probably searched for 4 hours for a solution when I stumbled across this.. Made me happy.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installing OMV 5 does not connect to any of the mirrors posted during install

You are correct but it does get a current list of repos from the internet during install. That is why you have no repos if you install without a functioning internet connection.

• install without a functioning internet connection.

ryecoaaron from another recent posting reporting similar issue, it seems still to be possible.

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Offizieller Beitrag

from another recent posting reporting similar issue, it seems still to be possible.

Of course it is possible to install. It just won't add the main debian repos to /etc/apt/sources.list. If you know how to look these up and add them, then you won't have any problem.

• add the main debian repos to /etc/apt/sources.list

I wonder if this little task would be a good check to add

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wonder if this little task would be a good check to add

What check? I asked Volker if the general Debian repos could be added when no network was detected but I guess it is harder than it sounds with whatever method he uses to create the OMV iso. I guess the openmediavault package itself could add them if none were found.

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

• "I tried to resolve it with the proposed solutions, but it still doesn't work."

# apt-cache policy gnupg gpgv

gnupg:

Installed: (none)

Candidate: 2.2.12-1+deb10u2

Version table:

2.2.27-2~bpo10+1 100

100 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports/main amd64 Packages

2.2.12-1+deb10u2 500

500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 Packages

gpgv:

Installed: 2.2.12-1+deb10u2

Candidate: 2.2.12-1+deb10u2

Version table:

2.2.27-2~bpo10+1 100

100 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports/main amd64 Packages

*** 2.2.12-1+deb10u2 500

500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 Packages

100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

# apt-get install gnupg=2.2.12-1+deb10u2 gpgv=2.2.12-1+deb10u2

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

gpgv is already the newest version (2.2.12-1+deb10u2).

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have

requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable

distribution that some required packages have not yet been created

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

gnupg : Depends: dirmngr (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: dirmngr (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gnupg-utils (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gnupg-utils (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg-agent (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg-agent (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg-wks-client (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg-wks-client (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg-wks-server (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpg-wks-server (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpgsm (< 2.2.12-1+deb10u2.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: gpgsm (>= 2.2.12-1+deb10u2) but it is not going to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

root@celvux-hod:~#

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!