Can't Install Portainer - OMV 5.1.11

• I am kind of an OMV newb but decided to update to OMV 5 anyway... knowing there'd be headaches along the way.

After updating using the instructions posted here: ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?

When I try to install Portainer (or Docker), I get this error:

Code
    arch   :: amd64
    option :: portainer
    state  :: install
    extras :: 5.1.11
    DNS error.  Exiting ...
    Done.

I also noticed when I go to Diagnostics > System Information ... the page is blank.

Let me know what additional information I can provide!

Thanks,
    dizM0nkey

TS140 70A4 - Xeon E3-1225V3 3.2 GHz - 4 GB ECC RAM - 5 WD Red 3 TB HDD

• Looks like you have no DNS resolution. Drop to a shell and try to ping google.com and see if it resolves to an IP or throws an error. If it's not working try using omv-firstaid to reset the network interface or use the Network page in the GUI.

Clear your browser cache or hold down ctrl and press F5 when on the System Information page to reload it without cache

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I did a full omv-firstaid and reset network interface and then setup my static IP for my LAN.

ping google.com gives me: "name or service not known"

In OMV network settings, I'm specifying my router as my gateway which has access to the internet and DNS.

System Information page came back after a reboot or two (and CTRL+F5) :)

Also, just noticed I'm stuck on kernel "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.19.0-6-amd64" ... and can't update to the latest 5.3 kernel via the "Proxmax" kernel. ... getting a lot of "unresolved" errors when trying to access dependencies etc.

Yeah, looks like OMV can't access the internet... or maybe it is just a DNS thing, not sure.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von diznanl ()

• In the GUI, try setting up networking for DHCP and scroll down and put your routers IP address in the DNS entry.

This is what I just set:

Doesn't seem to make any difference...

• You have no DNS. Edit the file /etc/resolv.conf and see what's inside. If it's empty, paste the below in and save the file. You should be good to go for now. If you don't like using google or Level 3 nameservers find others, or use your ISP's if you can get the IPs.

nameserver 4.2.2.1
    nameserver 4.2.2.2
    nameserver 8.8.8.8

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you!

You have no DNS. Edit the file /etc/resolv.conf and see what's inside. If it's empty, paste the below in and save the file. You should be good to go for now. If you don't like using google or Level 3 nameservers find others, or use your ISP's if you can get the IPs.

nameserver 4.2.2.1
    nameserver 4.2.2.2
    nameserver 8.8.8.8

Yes, I think I accidentally deleted this... thanks so much!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had same error, simply added googles dns to my network interface and done, working, weird...

This bypasses your ISP's DNS which, depending on your service provider, is known for "weird" DNS behavior. I'm an advocate of using a public DNS server or running your own recursive DNS server.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!