UPSilon2000 installation

• hello All,

I'm the quite newbe in OMV world.

anyway I was able to successfully install OMV and it runs correctly already some months.

now I've started to use UPS, and then I'd try to install the application which is dedicated to the UPS I use.

I've made the installation as that's described, but during that process I've met some error messages:

Moving files from /tmp/UPSilon2000/upsilon to /etc/upsilon ........
    Creating help subdirectory...
    OK.

Adding entries in /etc/rc.d/rc.local ....
    sed: can't read /etc/rc.d/rc.local: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/rc.d/rc.local: No such file or directory

Backup /etc/rc.d/rc.local to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.old.upsilon
    cp: cannot stat '/etc/rc.d/rc.local': No such file or directory
    Adding startup command to /etc/rc.d/rc.local startup file.
    ./install.linux: 247: ./install.linux: cannot create /etc/rc.d/rc.local: Directory nonexistent
    OK.
    Press ENTER to continue...

Configure the parameter.
    ./install.linux: 260: ./install.linux: /etc/upsilon/upsilon: not found
    Installation completed!

Start UPSilon background process...

but when I run the command ps, no upsilon (or similar) application is then visible...

maybe there is someone who install such (or similar) application and would help/guide me how to set up it running... and to launch the application which actually controls over the UPS.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

best regards,
    Grzegorz

• Which version of OMV did you install?
    For UPS´s there is a plugin available: openmediavault-nut
    You can check here if your UPS is supported: NUT Hardware compatibility list
    If you can use the plugin it is not neccessary to install custom applikations.

Regarding your problem with the application: Did you choose the right version for the underlying OMV OS - Debian? This depends which version of OMV you are using.

As I know rc.local was used to start a job at system start in former times. But it is meanwhile deprecated. Please look here to create it by yourself: Linux : How to add rc.local in Debian 9 But I didn´t know it this can help in your case.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Leo,

thank You for Your answer - I've checked the list and mine (cheap one) is Quer Microsine 1500 VA and it's not on the list.

when I checked now the installation, this is:
    Version: 4.1.21-1 (Arrakis)
    Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

in general, OMV was installed to learn something new. that UPS management would be something useful, to make more control on the server.

as I see it now, first is to learn basic linux, which is not so easy for someone windows-related so far.

btw. is it possible to install smf (Simple Machines Forum) on OMV?

thank You once again,
    Grzegorz

• I've checked the list and mine (cheap one) is Quer Microsine 1500 VA and it's not on the list.

Sometimes NUT supports also UPS´s which are not on the compatibility list. There are some more or less generic drivers available.

btw. is it possible to install smf (Simple Machines Forum) on OMV?

OMV supports docker and portainer. So you can run almost anything in a docker container on OMV :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!