Delete of (old) Plexmediaserver repo

• Hi there

I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.x -> 4.x. Therefore I'd like to clean up my plugins situation. I ran into the following error, when trying to disable / delete the old Plexmediaserver repo (under OMV-Extras):

How do I delete the old repo?

thx and regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Disable it in omv-extras in the web interface or purge omv-extras. apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Disable it in omv-extras in the web interface or purge omv-extras. apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg.

thx for your reply!

The above error is the result of disabling / deleting the Plexserver repo in omv-extras, so this does not work.

If I purge omv-extras: There are no impacts on the installed plugins (that I want to keep) or regarding the upgrade process? I just reinstall omv-extras again once on 4.x?

And regarding the update from 3.x to 4.x: I have "Docker repo" installed and "OMV Docker GUI" Plugin - there is a 4.x version of this plugin, right? I'm not finding it under https://bintray.com/beta/#/ope…pers/arrakis?tab=packages

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The above error is the result of disabling / deleting the Plexserver repo in omv-extras, so this does not work.

That is because your system couldn't contact the Ubuntu gpg key server.

If I purge omv-extras: There are no impacts on the installed plugins (that I want to keep) or regarding the upgrade process? I just reinstall omv-extras again once on 4.x?

Should go that way. None of the plugins actually depend on omv-extras. They won't upgrade to the 4.x version until you install omv-extras. I recommend doing that and then upgrading from the command line

there is a 4.x version of this plugin, right?

Yes.

I'm not finding it under bintray.com/beta/#/openmediava…pers/arrakis?tab=packages

It is in the arrakis-docker repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thank you ryecoaaron!

Just to be sure (and now being OT, sorry):

1. Uninstall omv-extras (just the plugin for all other plugin)
    2. omv-release-upgrade -> OMV is upgrading from 3.x to 4.x (but all plugins are not! and there's no problem, e.g. regarding versions/decencies etc? Like: plugins on 3.x and system on 4.x?)
    3. install omv-extras
    4. upgrade the plugins from 3.x to 4.x (I always update the plugins via OMV WebIF, how to update them via CLI?)

... and thats it?

Thx!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If your network wasn't causing a problem, there wouldn't be any reason to uninstall omv-extras. I haven't tried what you are proposing. So, try it but back it up first.

• actually, there are no network problems of my system that I'm aware of. The error above is thrown in the process of disabling / deleting the Plexserver repo - no errors elsewhere...

any other way to get rid of the plex repo? or is the above error nothing to worry about regarding the upgrade from 3.x to 4.x?

• Offizieller Beitrag

actually, there are no network problems of my system that I'm aware of. The error above is thrown in the process of disabling / deleting the Plexserver repo - no errors elsewhere...

As mentioned previously, your system can't contact the ubuntu key server. I doubt the key server was down. So, something on your network wasn't allowing the traffic out.

any other way to get rid of the plex repo?

delete it from the omvextras file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

or is the above error nothing to worry about regarding the upgrade from 3.x to 4.x?

If the key can't be added, you can't use that repo. If you don't need that repo, that isn't a problem.

• delete it from the omvextras file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

It's already deleted from there:

Code
    # This is file is generated.
    # OMV-Extras repos
    # 
    # OMV-Extras.org
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus jessie main
    # OMV-Extras.org Testing
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing jessie main
    # Docker
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-docker jessie main

so, my delete attempts from within the WebIF seems to have deleted the repo already...?

• ...as I have everything backed up, I tried upgrading:

after correcting some unmet dependencies ('apt-get -f install') and moving away the backports.list ('mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list /root/') everything went smoothly

thx - and there goes my usual donation after an upgrade :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!