Does OMV, Autoshutdown-Plugin or Debian change WOL-Settings of interface?

• Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the WOL settings of my interface. Beside the method of waking up the server by a magic packet, I want the server to resume from suspend mode when the SMB/CIFS-share
    is triggered from another client (for example Windows 10) (should be a unicast message).

Currently I'm at the position, that this is working when I manually suspend the server via shell with "pm-suspend".

But when the server turns into suspend mode by the Autoshutdown-Plugin, I'm not able to resume from the suspend mode by triggering from client share access.
    Then I only can wake up the server with a magic packet (for example send via Fritzbox).

What I have done so far:

1.) Edit /etc/network/interface

Here you can see that I added/change to post-down/post-up with wol mode ug.

2.) Added shutdown-Script: /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/70wol

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    ethtool -s eno1 wol ug

I'm not quite sure if both or only one of them leads the way to wake up the server after the "pm-suspend" command manually entered in the shell and triggered by Windows Client to wake uo, but it works.

3.) Here is the /etc/autoshutdown.conf

Nothing yery special- Only checking some ports and ULDL-Rate.

What I found out so far:

After manually suspended the server and woke it up again, "ethtool eno1" shows me the info I suspect

But after I wake up the server with magic packet after suspended by Autoshutdown-Plugin, the "ethtool eno1" shows me that only wol mode "g" is set?!?

So the it seems, that OMV, the Autoshutdown-Plugin and/or Debian "overwrites" my settings in /etc/network/interface and/or /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/70wol.

Is it possible? Does someone has a clue for me which shutdown-/suspend-script could be responsible for this?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Michael

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!