"drive is missing" and the hdd is down

• Hi all,

Let me wish you a Happy New year :)

I found some kind of help on the web but I'm to noob to try ... So let me explain the situation.

Few weeks ago, an hard drive make a lot of noise on my NAS. I extracted and formated it. The hard drive did not recover. Ok it's the life.
    But, I have this error when I modify user rights or sharefolder:

erreur #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-GS1000.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for sharedfolders-GS1000.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false)
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(66): OMV\System\SystemCtl->restart()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusn7...', '/tmp/bgoutputBf...')
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #14 {main}

I think the only way to solve my problem is to modify the config.xml.
    I found it on my file system but I'm not really sure what line I have to remove.

If you have time, thank you in advance for any kind of support. I will appreciate.

Xavier

• Offizieller Beitrag

You had shared folders pointing at that drive which is not there any more.

Remove the shared folders from all services.
    Delete the shared folders.
    Remove the drive.

It is the same process as you did when setting up the system, just in reverse order.

Hopefully this all works from the GUI and you don't have to edit config.xml manually.

• Hi Macom,

Thank you for your help.
    Unfortunately I can’t remove shared folder linked to this hard drive

————————————
    Erreur #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-download\x2dseagate.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for sharedfolders-download\x2dseagate.mount failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(66): OMV\System\SystemCtl->restart()#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusLo...', '/tmp/bgoutputXU...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}
    ————————————

Xavier

• Hi Yakelkum,

In my config.xml the drive is mentioned several time. I'm not confident to remove all parts. Is there a lot of risk if I'm forgot to remove a line ?

To be clear, I have to remove all this kind of chapter ?

Thanks a lot.

Xa

• To prevent any errors and allow you to go back :

Backup your present config.xml on an USB drive.

Prepare a live booting Linux that allow you to access present OMV boot drive.

Once and only once done edit your config.xml

The reference to a drive are within paragraphs :

Mount begining with <mntent> and ending with </mntent>

Sharefolder begining <sharefolder> and ending with </sharefolder>

Unionfilesystem begining <unionfilesystems> and ending with </unionfilesystems>

Also look for Users home directory if you set it.

Don't forget to look at /etc/fstab also for reference to the missing drive.

Use search function of your editor to be sure and remove entire paragraphs containing reference to the missing drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!