brtfs balance stuck?

• OMV 5.x (beta)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• brtfs balance stuck?

Hello guys,

Just a bit new working with brtfs, and I am trying to get 1 of my disks that was in RAID1 deleted, and it seems that the balance process got stuck the first time while trying to make the RAID1, and now trying to undo it, it is also getting stuck on here:

prntscr.com/qnr4t0

It has been in that process 24h, and just for 2x4TB drives. I am checking in htop, and I can not see any brtfs process ongoing:

prntscr.com/qnr53v

Is this normal? What do you recommend me to do? Last thing I want is to lose all data, on my main drive, just because of this.

Please let me know.

Kind regards
    • Hello,

It seems the process might have finished, as I am receiving the following output:

Source Code

1. root@openmediavault:~# btrfs balance status /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST4000DM004-2CV104_ZFN14S10-part1
      2. No balance found on '/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST4000DM004-2CV104_ZFN14S10-part1'

But when I try: btrfs device delete /dev/sdb1 /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST4000DM004-2CV104_ZFN14S10-part1

It gives me:

Source Code

1. ERROR: error removing device '/dev/sdb1': unable to go below two devices on raid1
      Any idea on why?

Kind regards