Portainer created container permissions

• I'm looking to move from OMV 3.x to 5.x, and a number of the plugins I use have moved to docker/portainer environment which is new to me.
    One of the apps I use is Sabnzbd and use 'nzbToMedia' scripts to rename files post download.

When creating the container, by default the config date is stored on the portianer data volume ( mount point: /var/lib/docker/volumes/portainer_data/_data), and when I add the nzbToMedia folder to the config data folder this runs ok.

The issue I have is I'd like to host the config folders on a OMV share so I can easily back it up. When I do this and map Config to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-OMVR5/Apps/sabnzbd, the scripts fail to run. So I'm assuming this is a permissions issue.

When I look at the portainer data volume (/var/lib/docker/volumes/portainer_data) it has:-
    Group: Users[100] / root [0]
    Owner: user1 [1000] / root [0]
    Permissions : 0755 ( Owner rwx / Group rx / Others rx)
    And the nzbToMedia has sames groups etc and permissions are 0777

Comparing that to the app share I created:
    Group: Users[100] / root [0]
    Owner: user1 [1000] / root [0] / sshd [111]
    Permissions : 2777 ( Owner rwx / Group rwx / Others rwx)

And the nzbToMedia folder itself within the app share
    Group: Users[100]
    Owner: user1 [1000] / root [0]
    Permissions : 2777 ( Owner rwx / Group rwx / Others rwx)

My questions would be:-

(1) What permissions are missing from my App share / nzbtomedia folder that would allow the container permissions to execute the scripts?
    (2) When creating a container, you need to specify the PUID / PGID from a user (in this case user1) thats been created in OMV. I assume this user account is used when 'running' / accessing anything within this container. Are there any additional privileges I need to give this account in order to solve my problem?

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!