dmesg oddity

• Many moons ago I ran Plex and plexpy on OMV via the Plex Plugin. Eventually I switched to dockers for these two apps, and somewhere along the line plexpy was replaced with Tautulli in a docker.

Recently I noted a few occurrences of the following line in dmesg.

Code
    systemd-sysv-generator[12227]: stat() failed on /etc/init.d/plexpy, ignoring: No such file or directory

The file /etc/init.d/plexpy does not exist; it was removed when I switched over to dockers.

I would like to know what is triggering this and be able to prevent it from happening again.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does the directory /opt/plexpy or the unit file /lib/systemd/system/plexpy.service or /etc/systemd/system/plexpy.service still exist? I would delete both if they do exist and then systemctl daemon-reload to see if it persists.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try the daemon-reload? I can't explain why it is still creating a unit if the init script doesn't exist. I actually don't remember when the script ever used an init script. The current code uses a real systemd unit file.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Yes I did the reload anyway. The message has not shown up again. It showed up once 29 seconds after boot and four times in a row about 11 hours after boot. But I'll wait until I reboot again to see if it stays away.

I started using Plex & plexpy on OMV 2.x which was still System V.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have dedication. I don't have any systems that started on 2.x and are now on 5.x. I had a 0.5 system that made it to 3.x but just one.

• You have dedication. I don't have any systems that started on 2.x and are now on 5.x. I had a 0.5 system that made it to 3.x but just one.

I have so much other stuff on that machine that would make doing a fresh install from scratch and getting it all back impractical. I have been lucky so far. The upgrade from 2 to 3 was difficult and I think it took three or four tries. The rest were unremarkable.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have so much other stuff on that machine that would make doing a fresh install from scratch and getting it all back impractical. I have been lucky so far. The upgrade from 2 to 3 was difficult and I think it took three or four tries. The rest were unremarkable.

I have configured every version so many times that I could do a fresh install with my eyes closed. I also tend to create multiple VMs instead of one server that does it all.

• Doing the fresh install and configuring it would be too much for me. The problem is all the other applications not related to OMV that I have installed. I can come up with an all inclusive list of ever package on the system, but configuring them all again would be a bear.

Basically, if whatever version of OMV I am on becomes non-upgradable, I'll have to stick there for a while.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!