Denied admin access after fail update

• I tried updating packages using the web UI, it only showed an update for OMV. After failing to update, the UI didn't respond. Rebooted and now I can't access the UI using my admin account. Another account with less privileges is accessible through the web and SSH, but not the admin account. Since this user account has limited acces, I can't run first-aid and other options I came across in the forum.
    All services seem to be running, since I can access NFS drive my external drive in the network, etc. I searched for a similar issue with no luck. I don't know if the update is very recent and therefore no other reports like this one or I am a rare case.

Can anyone with more experience or from the development team help?
    Device and OMV info:

Code
    uname -a
    Linux odroidc2 4.18.8-odroidc2 #264 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 19 12:35:18 CEST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    openmediavault                   4.1.30-1
  • I probably have more questions than answers...

If you can SSH as user, can you su or use sudo to run omv-firstaid?

I've never run OMV on SBC... are you supposed to be able to update a live OMV system running on SBC?

• Hello- I can't execute a firstaid --> user is not in the sudoers file. Regarding your other question, I don't know if I'm supposed to...I've done it many times with no problem. I always try to backup the system first, but I don't want to go to the restore path, yet.

• You can put the SD card in a Linux laptop/desktop and enable root ssh login. You can use startpage, yahoo or google to find how to to this.
    After that you can reboot the odroid and login as root.

And if you don't have a Linux installation, create one on a virtual machine (VirtualBox will do nicely and is free).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!