Share Local (ROOT) drive folder

• Hi,

Is there a way to share out a folder on the root drive? Something like /pub?

In this case I know I'm doing something weird. I'm running proxmox under the hood and letting it manage zfs. I'm running OMV in a LXC container with bind mounts to share up a ZFS dataset with OMV. I'd like very much to have OMV manage SMB/CIFs/NFS shares here.

If there isn't an official way, is there a way to force it?

I'm on the latest version of OMV from the repo (usul)

• Yes this can be done, but OMV will not allow the root drive to be selected, so you have to cobble it together by hand.

I can't speak to NFS but for SMB/CIFS you can put the statements needed into the OMV | SMB/CIFS | Extra Options box.

For example, to SMB/CIFS share out the entire rootfs put the following into that box. Adjust share name and pathing as needed. (This is highly NOT recommended) <----- Read this again!

[rootfs]
    guest ok = yes
    writable = yes
    public = yes
    path = /
    force user = root

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Well I was still hoping to get the benefits of users/groups/permissions. Otherwise I could install samba on proxmox and manually config that.

Is there a way just to get a folder to show up as a share?

Also, ROOT in subject is in reference to that filesystem, vs some disk[s] managed by OMV. I'm in no way intending to share out '/'

• Asking for what is essentially an unsupported workaround means you will have to things yourself under the hood.

You asked how to get a folder on the rootfs to show up as a SMB/CIFS share on your network. I showed you.

If you want to SMB/CIFS share out a directory named pub that is on your rootfs, then change what I gave you to match your needs.

Code
    [pub]
    guest ok = yes
    writable = yes
    public = yes
    path = /pub
    force user = some.user.that.exists.on.your.machine

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!