Rasp Pi4B 4Gb - OMV v5 - Plex in Portainer

• I am turning to the forum for help having exhausted Google, Plex forums and numerous other locations.

I set-up OMV. No issues, works great. I have my raids (two RAID1's) shared with SAMBA plus another drive for randomness. OMV set with static iP.

I installed Plex in portainer, using the linuxserver/plex image. Followed instructions and got plex to work, but plex would not download metadata for movies and was incredibly slow to get any metadata for music. TV Show metadata raced through. Host networking.

Anyway, researching this error, I have set the container with a MACVLAN so as to have a static IP. Everything is working OK except it did not fix the metadata issue/slow downloading. No changes really, but I have a static IP separate to the OMV which I wanted..

I have pinged from the Plex container and the ping works, no errors. I have pinged the plex container ip and it works. My ISP is 300Mb download 10Mb up and all speed tests show OK.

I am no expert in Linux or any other part of this, so learning as I go. If anyone has an idea on what the issue could be or what else I should look please at let me know.

TP-Link Archer CR700 modem/router (Cable ISP)
    TP-Link TL-SG3424P network switch (L2 managed switch, but everything is as default, got it for the PoE more than the management)

I have tried a fresh install numerous times, with just following youtube videos, the pdf available on OMV.
    In my mind there has to be a simple fix or setting I have somewhere that is not quite right.

Thanks,

• I have a similar issue with emby where the metadata is not downloading and it is probably due to me how I name my files and emby would not recognize them. IE. if you have your movie like yourmovienamehere.mp4, it would not work because there are no space or period between the words. I ended up installing radarr, add the movie, click on "wanted" sign, and do a manual import of the movies folder and then radarr will put the metadata back to emby. There's a whole process of installing linuxserver/radarr:arm32v7-latest, linuxserver/jackett:arm32v7-latest and getting to work with plex. You can watch techno dad life in youtube on how to get this configured.

• I have already done the naming of the files manually. Checked with spaces and years and everything. Stripped any old metadata that may screw things.

The movie files were getting all the metadata when added to another server on a windows 10 machine I have, files added through SMB from the OMV on the PI, and music was loaded fast.

I have tried installing Plex on the pi through ssh, not using docker., with OMV installed. Still no metadata for movie and slow music.

There has to be a simple solution if others are following TechnoDad and getting Plex and OMV to work without metadata or speed issues, because I cannot get it to go. I have tried a complete new install, docker install, no docker install, DHCP, static IP, MACVLAN and so on. Plex works, just does not get the metadata as expected or add files as quickly as I would expect. Apart from TV Shows which race through.

I have plugged the Pi directly to the modem/router in DHCP mode/Host in docker and still have the issue.

No idea what else to try.

• I never used plex server so I can't tell you how it generates its metadata, but I supposed that it is similar to emby. Like I said, install radarr and jackett dockers and manually import those files and it will generate the metadata for you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!