Omv Doesn't get IP anymore

• Good morning guys,

disclaimer, i'm a newbie and english it's not my language so please be patient.
    Since i moved my Nas on another room, same cable but different switch (it works for sure because it's the father of the previous) it doesen't get an ip anymore, before everithing worked fine. The console doensn't show error messages, it is like everything is working.
    enp1s0 is in state UP

- i've tryed omv-first aid to configure network interface automatically and the first time it worked and showed the ip
    - when throught poweroff command line i switched off the nas to find out if it shows again the same problem it did, i runned omv-first aid again to configure network interface automatically, the process ended without any troubles but it didn't worked
    - i set ip adress manually from command line but it didn't worked
    - i'm sure omv didn't get the ip because Advanced port scanner doesn't show nas between the client connected
    - the only ip i can see it's the docker0 one

any hint? thank you for your time

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is possible that each switch is on a separate network. And it is not intended that there should be any communication between the switches.

You need to figure out how the network is configured. Or possibly reconfigure it.

Is there a router somewhere? How is that configured? Does it bridge between the switches or are the switches connected to the same port in the router.

Is this in a school or some work-place? Then contact the system/network administrator and ask for help, instead of asking here. You may break stuff otherwise...

• i connected a windws laptop to the same wire the nas was connected and the laptop works. i'm sure the problem is in the NAS that fortunally has no data in it because i wanted to learn as much as possible befor using it for it purpose

• same cable but different switch

Power off and on the switches could solve the problem (If you are allowed to do that). Switches store the MAC address of the connected devices. If you put the device to another switch weird problems can happen. Maybe there are commands to renew this tables in the switch, which I do not know.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

STOP!!!

Again i ask: Is this in a school or workplace? Hospital? Do you have permission to mess with the network? Why can't you ask for information about the configuration?

It is perfectly possible (even likely if in a school/workplace) for the switches to be on separate networks despite seemingly being connected to each other. And it is perfectly possible that the switches are configured to deliberately prevent what you seem to be trying to do?

Contact however is in charge of the network and ask for help! Most likely there is a server room and that is where the NAS belongs. If it belongs in the network at all.

What you do could be criminal and/or could be cause for being sued for damages and/or loss of service. And/or for being fired or relegated. Obviously you don't know what you are doing.

If this was your own network, then fine. But it seems you are messing with other peoples stuff without permission.

What you are doing could be real evil shit!

STOP!

• i'll turn off both the switches and see what's going on

• Power off and on the switches could solve the problem (If you are allowed to do that). Switches store the MAC address of the connected devices. If you put the device to another switch weird problems can happen. Maybe there are commands to renew this tables in the switch, which I do not know.

After power off and on the switches i plugged the nas to the switch where it was before but the situation didn't changed, on the command line i wrote again omv-first aid to configure the network interface,
    after it seems that
    loopback state turned to UNKNOWN state
    enp1s0 turned to DOWN state

• Power off and on the switches could solve the problem (If you are allowed to do that).

@Adoby This is my personal experience.
    Please hold back a little in the future if you want to comment on my posts.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• @Adoby This is my personal experience.Please hold back a little in the future if you want to comment on my posts.

I speak witout polemic purpose: if there are still any doubts on my reliability i ask to close or/and delete the topic. I don't want to make lost time to the people on this forum.

• if there are still any doubts on my reliability i ask to close or/and delete the topic.

No, I think this absolutely not necessary. Maybe I don´t understand correctly what Adoby is talking about.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

No problem. I just thought it could be at a school or workplace. Where messing with the network and devices could break other stuff and possibly prevent normal operations. But it is at home. Then feel free to try whatever.
    My stop comment wasn't directed at cabrio_leo but at Zio_Peppe.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!