Best way to Auto-Mount .iso files

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best way to Auto-Mount .iso files

New

What is the best way to mount .iso files stored in a Shared Folder so that I can add them as an NFS Share? I'm hoping the solution will survive a reboot and also not get wiped out during an upgrade.

The only thread I could find mentioning this topic was to not do this since the commenters couldn't imagine a use case. My use case is that I run a PXE Boot server which lets me boot new machines attached to the network at which point I can select from a dozen OS distributions that can be installed across the network from NFS shares of their mounted .iso install files.
    • New

Just a note that you can pxe boot a lot of ISO files. No need to mount them. I have done this for many ISOs.

There is no way to do this from the web interface but you could:

Add a shared folder to disk d1 called isos

from command line make a directory mkdir /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/isos/iso1

Then manually add a line to /etc/fstab (after the openmediavault tags) like:
      /path/to/iso/file /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/isos/iso1 auto loop 0 0

This will mount the iso on reboot. To mount it now, just do a mount -a
      omv 5.2.3 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.2.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • New

ryecoaaron wrote:

Just a note that you can pxe boot a lot of ISO files. No need to mount them. I have done this for many ISOs.

There is no way to do this from the web interface but you could:

Add a shared folder to disk d1 called isos

from command line make a directory mkdir /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/isos/iso1

Then manually add a line to /etc/fstab (after the openmediavault tags) like:
      /path/to/iso/file /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/isos/iso1 auto loop 0 0

This will mount the iso on reboot. To mount it now, just do a mount -a
      Thanks, that works for me.